Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two golds for the year so far

tnkayaker

Time to catch up on my gold find reporting. I found the first ring back in January. I stopped after work on a Friday to scout an area I had wondered about. It is a soccer field behind an old school. The school is gone, but the field is still used for weekend kids games. I only had about fifteen minutes until dark and I was hunting the grass area where the cars park for the games. In those few minutes I found 4 pieces of costume jewelry. I knew if there was that much fake stuff, there had to be something good too. I woke up Saturday morning and headed back. My fourth signal of the day was a perfect nickel signal on the F5. TID 29-30. Dug down about 3 inches and out popped this 10K womens engagement ring. I think the main stone is a cz. It just looks too cloudy to be real.

I kept working the area hoping for another. Picked up some clad and then got a deep hi tone whisper, TID of 88. From eight inches came a 1961 silver dime. I consider this my first official silver coin, as the only other one I have found is a 1941 qtr that was basically a surface find in a park. I think it was a fresh drop.

Stopped again after work yesterday to get my detecting fix. I decided to go to another school in town that has two field areas where pickup soccer, football and frisbee type games are played. I was bummed when I got there because the field I wanted to detect was being mowed. I almost left but decided to hunt the other, less often used field for a few minutes. I was using the F75 LTD this time, as I am still trying to learn it. I have the 5x10 DD coil, disc 6, no notch, sense 29, tones 3H, DE mode. Picked up a penny spill, a few dimes, some can slaw and then got a solid 33 TID. From only about 2 inches down came this 14K men's band! I'm feeling pretty good about my gold finds, as I hunt only turf and tot lots. In a few weeks I am headed to the gulf coast for vacation and will be bringing the F5 and the F75. Hoping for some gold on the beach! I ordered Tom's beach hunting DVD to learn some pro tips before I go.

Happy hunting everybody!

Mark

Thats really great performance Mark!..:clapping:....Everybody here will tell you, DIRT GOLD is the toughest target to find...you read the 'signs' just perfect...! It really is a thinking game when it comes to hunting gold..really committing the signals to the location...:thumbup: Good Luck on the Sand!
Mud

That ring is sure an eye popper. You should have showed the trash pile with that. Let the newbes see what you go through to find rings like that... KEN

Yes that men's plain band really excited me! It has such a buttery rich color I thought is might be even higher karat gold than it is. Had to wait until I got home and got my reading glasses and loupe to see the markings. Danged middle aged eyes!:rofl:

Hoping to get back out in the morning to look for some more. We are supposed to get some heavy storms tonight so it's gonna be soggy tomorrow. :cry:

Mark

tnkayaker said:
Yes that men's plain band really excited me! It has such a buttery rich color I thought is might be even higher karat gold than it is. Had to wait until I got home and got my reading glasses and loupe to see the markings. Danged middle aged eyes!:rofl:

Hoping to get back out in the morning to look for some more. We are supposed to get some heavy storms tonight so it's gonna be soggy tomorrow. :cry:

Mark

That's the nice thing about being near-sighted (about -4) . . . all I got to do is take my glasses off
and I can see the pimple on a gnat's ass! :yikes: :rofl:

-pete