Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two items I need help with…..

Ronstar

I was with Jeff today at an old 1900s house. He got the silver dimes and old wheats and I dug these two items that I cant accurately identify yet. OK you fisherman out there, I dug at first what I thought was an earring but now 99% sure is an older fishing lure. You can see its a bit taller than a quarter, has a small hole on top and bottom, and a monogram of some type. I’m pretty sure its plated brass. I was able to hand draw the monogram to pretty close accuracy. If you can enlarge the pic you can see it on the bottom half.
Other item is the Maltese Cross. Its about the size of a penny and there are bendable wings on the back. There are the initials HK in the center of the back. The black part of the cross appears to be ceramic on an unknown metal. The wings were folded flat but I was able to open them without breaking. The wings are not long enough to fit around a finger (junk jewelry) so not sure how used.
Im still trying to look but how does one describe that monogram? The one leg of the W definitely drops clear down and makes the curl. The opposing upward leg looks like an upside down hook but it junctions with the long drop.
Thx

Attachments

• E5753B74-0248-4068-858D-006FB1988A6C.jpeg
    E5753B74-0248-4068-858D-006FB1988A6C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
  • 339BF904-E0B4-4357-A739-8CA61B7BEEC8.jpeg
    339BF904-E0B4-4357-A739-8CA61B7BEEC8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
  • B6075E45-3440-42DE-ADDB-82EA88EF282B.jpeg
    B6075E45-3440-42DE-ADDB-82EA88EF282B.jpeg
    934.2 KB · Views: 161
I was with Jeff today at an old 1900s house. He got the silver dimes and old wheats and I dug these two items that I cant accurately identify yet. OK you fisherman out there, I dug at first what I thought was an earring but now 99% sure is an older fishing lure. You can see its a bit taller than a quarter, has a small hole on top and bottom, and a monogram of some type. I’m pretty sure its plated brass. I was able to hand draw the monogram to pretty close accuracy. If you can enlarge the pic you can see it on the bottom half.
Other item is the Maltese Cross. Its about the size of a penny and there are bendable wings on the back. There are the initials HK in the center of the back. The black part of the cross appears to be ceramic on an unknown metal. The wings were folded flat but I was able to open them without breaking. The wings are not long enough to fit around a finger (junk jewelry) so not sure how used.
Im still trying to look but how does one describe that monogram? The one leg of the W definitely drops clear down and makes the curl. The opposing upward leg looks like an upside down hook but it junctions with the long drop.
Thx
How about E V Y--the curl on the Y was made to match the circle or curl on the E--across from it at top & at bottom of E & Y??--Looks like Initials for the type of Lure or the business that sold it or maybe handmade? Ma

I found Evia as a manufacturer but no EVA. Looking at a bunch of photos I think one of the holes would have had the hooks attached through it. I dont think its handmade, the engraving looks pressed or rolled in. I reached out to two good friends who fish (alot) and one cant find it in his books.

I found Evia as a manufacturer but no EVA. Looking at a bunch of photos I think one of the holes would have had the hooks attached through it. I dont think its handmade, the engraving looks pressed or rolled in. I reached out to two good friends who fish (alot) and one cant find it in his books.
I searched for an EVY fishing or manufacturing CO & it brought up China -- Tells about making canoes safer but couldn't find much on FISHING--The two small circles are for the hooks to be hooked or tied to on the E & the Y! I, also typed in EVY Fishing Lures & shows PHOTOS of them! Ma

Last edited:
I checked that out, no confirmation of the monogram being theirs. Still looking……

Looked for EWG and it takes you to War Eagle. Unable to find anything of theirs with a monogram. Still trying to identify the Cross pin too……

The thin side of the fishing spoon is where a treble hook would go. The wide end is for attaching your fishing line. Not sure of the maker…

The other I believe is a cheap HK ( Hong Kong ) piece of jewelry. I found one similar to yours last hunting season.

The thin side of the fishing spoon is where a treble hook would go. The wide end is for attaching your fishing line. Not sure of the maker…

The other I believe is a cheap HK ( Hong Kong ) piece of jewelry. I found one similar to yours last hunting season.
never saw one fished backwards before ?????

never saw one fished backwards before ?????
🤣🤣🤣 👍that’s what I call answering a post extremely tired. I should of answered it this morning. I have a different answer. 😁

🤣🤣🤣 👍that’s what I call answering a post extremely tired. I should of answered it this morning. I have a different answer. 😁
EWG is a fish hook company ...stands for extra wide gap, I believe.....so this spoon may be a special type made only for a small while "?
a jigging spoon may be wider at the line tie to represent a wounded minnow ...but Ronstar's find looks more like a red devil type.

On the Maltese Cross, if the HK stands for Hong Kong, that should date it??? The lure stuff is all over my head but one would think I could find that monogram. I just sent Al Gore an email telling him his internet is not so good…….😂

Lure has been identified as an Elgin Williams from 1935-38.