Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

UK finds today 16 March 2012

Is one of those coins gold?

Congrats!

I'm so happy, also, to hear it is NOT a typical day.

I believe that gold coin deserves a separate photo. What sort of VDI on the gold coin?

Regards, Joe

I will address some of the questions through one reply.

I do not use any visual reference through the controller but work in sound only, I ran the XP Goldmaxx Power for over 5 years so I am used just to hearing sounds.

I set up my machine through trial and error, more error than trial(!!) for recognising targets by sound only.

My machine is set up for my particular hearing abilities through the settings of the tonal values but only in two tones, my preferred settings.

I have reprogrammed my machine where I can select any of the 4 frequencies to match my searching technique or ground conditions. There are pluses and minuses for each particular frequencies, for instance, the 4KHz will have difficulties in finding small thin silver coins but at the same time is a deep seeking frequency. ( I use this 4KHz with my big coil set up for pasture)

18KHz I use for a freshly ploughed or light fluffy soil conditions, it is a quick searching frequency for me will pull out the cut quarter and half hammered coins but it

are you findin' this stuff in farm fields mostly?
not hunting in parks,or aluminum trash laden areas?
?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

No to parks, but fields which run alongside the old Roman road Fosse Way.

There is lots of targets good bad and indifferent but I can normally work out from the sound what to dig or to leave. Lots of iron which I would expect but I do not want to dig. (and modern junk!!)

"It runs from Exeter in the south west to Lincoln in the north-east, and was built in the middle of the 1st century AD. The word Fosse comes from the Latin word for ditch (Fossa) and is appropriate for this road."

sweet! you are in the right place for sure! what is YOUR definition of modern junk that you are
encountering "over there?".just curious,and can you get around it ,WITHOUT sacrificing depth
with the deus?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

My /our modern junk is the bits of silver paper, buttons, not all buttons, drinks cans, metal bottle tops, shot gun cartridges, bits of cars and anything else metal that can be thrown over a hedge from a road.

The bottom line is I do need to

ic! it's what i suspected,but i wanted to ask! it is a "huge" problem here
as aluminum "crap" is everywhere in the parks,and public areas ya gotta dig some junk in order to "score"
some good finds! it's unavoidable,unless the deus gives such terrific 'audio" which enables you to
distinguish tabs from coins,or screw caps from coins? perhaps a breakthrough?..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.