Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unknown object.

TerryEastTexas

Found a while back. It's 6" across and seems to be made of heavy brass. Any idea's will be appreciated.
100_4156.JPG

Holy brass, Batman! I have no idea on this one, Terry! Almost reminds me of an old shoe store:wacko:

Thanks for the input okierebel you might well be right.

Found a while back. It's 6" across and seems to be made of heavy brass. Any idea's will be appreciated.
View attachment 9661
Got any pics from different angles, Terry? Does it look like it was chrome plated? Kinda looks like it snapped into place... like trim from an automobile or an old wood stove...

Just looking at this I think it's bent in the middle where the hole is which would make the dogbone shaped
part flat and then that would make the two angled pieces at bottom fit on something square like a board or steel.
More 2c.
HH okie

Just looking at this I think it's bent in the middle where the hole is which would make the dogbone shaped
part flat and then that would make the two angled pieces at bottom fit on something square like a board or steel.
More 2c.
HH okie
I agree with this. It looks like it mounted to something the way that angle of the bottoms are. Also agree it should be flat across the top. It’s bent. Looks like it was for working leather or fabric maybe? Not sure, but you say it’s brass which means it was either in a nice area for people to see, not like a smith shop. Or it had specific function that required brass be used instead of iron. That’s quite a chunk of brass.

Steve(Can) mentioned auto and I thought maybe Model T where the hand crank went through the middle
but I found nothing like it. I do believe it used to be flat. I've worked with metal for 40 years not an expert though.

It has no markings IowaRelic. Here's another pic. Steve.
100_4157.JPG

Being bent is what makes it a curiosity.