Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unusual Deus Find.

JBM

This little City of Bristol Farthing copper token popped up yesterday.

Its circa 1577-1583 and measures 20mm square it weighs 2.5 grams.

One side has CB the other is the City coat of arms.

I have never seen one before but thanks the the Dues I have now. :cheers:Jerry.

That is amazing. Great find.

It a small area where folks have lived for many hundreds of years until the middle 1700`s and after that date very few finds have shown up.

We have worked it for about 6 years on and off and each years its ploughed and re-seeded.

The interesting point is that its the very fast recovery speed of the Deus that has allowed is us to winkle out the small non ferrourus bits and pieces in amongst the old iron items.

Each year the finds get fewer and its possible to detect for and hour without getting a single item that are hoping for.

Thanks for showing your interest, happy hunting. :beers: Jerry.

Holding a piece of history 100's of years old is something very few of us over here get to do. I know whenever I hunt in Europe or Asia and come up with someting from the 1600's I am ready to have a heart attack yet those I hunt with are usually saying something like "that's nice but it's not really that old" . . . . . 1800's for us in the US is cause for the Happy Dance :cheers:

Be interesting to see what else turns up in the area especially since you said you are not finding much from past the 1700 mark . . . .

Andy Sabisch

[attachment 234429 AnySabisch..jpg]

Hi Andy,

Nice to see you doing your bit for the Deus.

Do you remember sending me a copy of your book (The Minelab) 2008. Page 177 with the rare roman coin of Constantine II, London mint.

ATB,Jerry.