Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

US Army "Great Coat" Button - 1820s

bigfootokie

I had a good hunt with Dave and Dave :) Saturday and we all made some cool relic finds.
A new first for me was this US Army "Great Coat" Button from the 1820's. The front is an eagle flying above the letters "U.S" which is above a wreath. The backmark says UNITED STATES.

I recovered another flat button, a small Eagle Cuff Button, two dropped bullets, a buckle, and some "unknown" brass items that may be some type of lids for something.

Thanks for lookin!

This is our Tailgate Shot with my finds on the right.

Those are some awesome finds. Congrats! And thanks for sharing and including photos. What kind of program or settings were you using?
Thanks,
Rich

samandnoah said:
Those are some awesome finds. Congrats! And thanks for sharing and including photos. What kind of program or settings were you using?
Thanks,
Rich
I have tried a few mods on the original program I built, so it is basically the second one I posted in the link below. Works good in my soil for relics.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1949854

Thanks for posting the link. When I saw it, I remembered reading your original post. That's obviously working quite well for you! I've been using something similar, and it has REALLY helped me find targets, and pick out the goods among the junk where I've been hunting. It's been so dry here, though, that it has been (literally!) painful to dig, and impossible to dig without looking like the surface of the moon. No proper plugs in this current environment. But I've been tagging a map with spots to come back to with promising sounding targets once we do get some rain.

Take care,
Rich