Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

US Gold Coins

Me to... Gold range is so wide. I doubt any two coins would hit the same. Most all other machines read it differently.

I have a $1 and $5 gold coins.
I will post later....

I wish. Have not found any gold coins yet. I'm thinking about investing in some gold, just wish I would have several years ago.

My local coin dealer said I could come in and pass them under the coil. However I'm not sure how my coil would react in a store filled with coins. Needless to say I haven't done it yet.

I hit the spot that I found the Barber dimes and got three indian heads and two V nickles all about 100 years old, thinking I should go back and dig more of the lower conductive signals just to make sure I don't leave a gold coin in there.

Joe

Here you go. Png file attached for readability Default Settings.

Gold Coins "GM Power 12 kHz" "GM Power 18 kHz" Deus Fast 18 kHz "G-Maxx 8 kHz"
$1 Type I 49 58 58/61 43
$2.5 Indian Head 64 73 70/73 55
$2.5 Liberty Head 64 73 70/73 55
$3 1856 64 73 73 55
$5 Indian Head 73 79 79 64
$5 Classic Head 73 79 79 64

In November 2011 I found a $1 Liberty Head $1853 in a gopher pile with my XP Deus. It was the most exciting metal detecting day so far! I have it on video and been meaning to publish. Hopefully shortly.

Cheers,
-Alex

Thanks for the info Alex, I would probably not dig a VID of 49 before but I will now.