Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

US Tones

Bell-Two

A question for US tone settings. On my Deus 1 I had programs I ran on 5 tones, I used a low iron type tone for target ID 99 because of the iron wrap around. I have seen in some videos that 99 can be a good silver target on D2 should I leave the 99 ID as a high tone or not?

I would do the same with some programs with my D1. The D2 with it's multifrequency doesn't behave the same way so I no longer deal with those annoying iron squeaks at 98 and 99 that could be bothersome at certain sites. With the D2, like Kapok says, it's those 86-88 iron signals that are now annoying me. But I would be crazy to notch them out. But as I get more in tune with the D2 audio, I look less and less at the screen. Those false 86-88s don't annoy me half as much if I don't look at the screen. ;)

Doesn’t the XY screen help with determining whether the 86-88 is iron or non ferrous? I would think that the best way if it’s troublesome.

Doesn’t the XY screen help with determining whether the 86-88 is iron or non ferrous? I would think that the best way if it’s troublesome.
Yes, it does help, as does listening for the iron grunts around the signal. But consistent high tones and numbers on iron seems like a fault of the machine. It's inefficient if nothing else. I'm hoping future upgrades will smooth this out.

Just dug an 88. Barber dime

Attachments

• 20220618_160257.jpg
    20220618_160257.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
  • 20220618_160250.jpg
    20220618_160250.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
Usually the high 80s with the iron grunts is iron. But you never know. I agree maybe XP can update soon. I am more pissed my MI6 battery is dead every morning.

That is my last "99" target, I would consider that a good Target, I've got it as an 800 Hertz tone.

Attachments

• 20220528_182656~2.jpg
    20220528_182656~2.jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 71
Hi Tony!
You notch you lose. Same on the nox I would never notch 39 40 they have been good finds.