Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using a Greek Series(Tek) 8" Round Coil on F75/70?

pine3874

Has anyone tried using a Teknetics(greek series) 8" round concentric coil on a Fisher F75/70? I saw a YouTube video of someone using a Teknetics 10" elliptical concentric coil on a Fisher F70 and it seemed to work without any issues. I assume that if a 10" concentric coil works, an 8" concentric coil will also work?

Are you sure the 10 inch coil in the video wasnt the one made for the F70/75? Looks the same. I've used F75 and teknetics g2 coils on each other and they ran fine but I did an air test and they were an inch or so less. Those were DD coils though.

Are you sure the 10 inch coil in the video wasnt the one made for the F70/75? Looks the same. I've used F75 and teknetics g2 coils on each other and they ran fine but I did an air test and they were an inch or so less. Those were DD coils though.
The 10" coil in the video by DirtFishing was a Fisher coil from a Fisher F5 I believe. Same Khz as the Teknetics coil.

Never tried any Omega coil on my F 75 and believe Dave Johnson said once there "would be a loss of performance." I used F 75's because they were deep and wasn't willing to take a chance on losing some amount of depth. The Greek series and F 75 coils are a different kHz, too, so some loss of performance would be expected. HH jim tn

I assume that if a 10" concentric coil works, an 8" concentric coil will also work?

I just purchased a Teknetics Patriot so I said, "Why not?' I hooked up the 8 inch round concentric to it and turned it on. It ground balanced about the same as the stock coil and gave pretty much the same numbers too. It seemed as deep too. I will be trying it out later, this was just a short test in and outside my house. I also tried the 7 inch concentric, the Tek 5 inch DD, and the Nel Sharpshooter. These all lost considerable depth from what they get on the Omegas. I put the Nel Tornado for the T2 on it and, like Dave Johnson said, it didn't work at all. I didn't find my 10" elliptical concentric but I will test it later if the 8 inch concentric works well. It sure would be nice if the 8" concentric works. It is deeper then the 10" elliptical on the Greek series detectors, in my soil. I have a Greek 4 inch concentric to try too!

I just purchased a Teknetics Patriot so I said, "Why not?' I hooked up the 8 inch round concentric to it and turned it on. It ground balanced about the same as the stock coil and gave pretty much the same numbers too. It seemed as deep too. I will be trying it out later, this was just a short test in and outside my house. I also tried the 7 inch concentric, the Tek 5 inch DD, and the Nel Sharpshooter. These all lost considerable depth from what they get on the Omegas. I put the Nel Tornado for the T2 on it and, like Dave Johnson said, it didn't work at all. I didn't find my 10" elliptical concentric but I will test it later if the 8 inch concentric works well. It sure would be nice if the 8" concentric works. It is deeper then the 10" elliptical on the Greek series detectors, in my soil. I have a Greek 4 inch concentric to try too!
I also use a 10" concentric on my F-75 but its made for it and not an Omega or some other model: it is deeper, discrimination is better and more consistent and i.d.'s bottlecaps better,and is much quieter. I also
have a Nel Tornado for it: it is an all around better DD than the stock 11" biaxial.