Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

using my Explorer `IN`the water

A

Anonymous

I made a coil shaft using pvc that holds my 8' minelab coil and made an extension cord to seperate the handle from the coil shaft so I can strap the handle to my upper body keping it out of the water.The machine works as well IN the water(salt water) as well as it works on the beach.Tones are the same and the target crosshairs function as well as on dry land.So far so good! I just wish minelab would waterproof the Explorer and make it easier for everyone..Ralph

Hello Ralph, I'm Alvin Bud Lamb from Maryland. I met you in the 2014 Minelab Atlantic City Hunt and followed your advise in both these forms and the suggestions you made at the 2014 hunt. But could you give me some addition information on the pvc 8' coil configuration set up ? Also could you e mail me at alvin.lamb4u@gmail.com for some other questions on the Explorer 11 that I had ? Thank You and Have a Blessed Every Day and Great luck in the future. Budwiser

Alvin, that original post is 14 years old and his username isn't highlighted blue and "clickable". I'm not sure but I would guess that means he may not be a current user anymore?

Remember using a land detector in the water and one slip and your unit is gonzo especially in the saltwater...I realize its an old post but good advice at any time....

Just remember to NEVER raise your coil out of the water and raising the coil horizontally lever or higher than the control box. water inside the shaft will rush into the detector.. kapoot!!!