Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VDI numbers on the Minelab Vanquish 540

Chuck M

I'm new to using the Minelab Vanquish 540, when you see VDI number in the 30's what could that possibly be indicating.

I'm new to using the Minelab Vanquish 540, when you see VDI number in the 30's what could that possibly be indicating.
It's a higher Conductive target if it's a Steady vid. If bouncy well dig it and learn what
machine is Interpreting! Old rusty Iron can bounce vdi all over. Get yourself
different conductive targets (small foil crumbled up, small thin gold ring, nickel,
different pull tabs, different denomination coins, can slaw, etc) and wave past coil and see what the veins tell you. Targets in the ground in close Proximity to each other will also
Alter Vid readings. Welcome to this Great hobby and hang in there,learn your machine
and you will be highly Rewarded in the long run. You have a really good machine for being a Newbie... Best of luck and don't get Discouraged at 1rst as we all started out, just like you!!!
silverseeker 2

Yep, what Silverseeker said. For me, if it's a solid 30, it's usually a quarter. However 30's and higher can also mean silver...

Appreciate the feedback. I'm going to try out the 8" coil on my 540. I hear nothing but good reviews.