Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ver. 3.2 corrupted and reinstall?

cadman_us

Anybody ever have software get corrupted on Deus? I was hunting yesterday and noticed I was getting tone hits on ferrous targets only. Non-ferrous would show up on the screen but, no tones. I was running the stock basic 1 program with iron volume set on 3. Put a quarter down, scanned it and zero tone hit. Switched programs and still had issues, Deus Fast program worked best of all, but, still not right. Batteries were at full charge.

First time I have used it in 3 or 4 weeks. Version 3.2 has been on it since it was available.

Anyway, reinstalled Ver. 3.2 and seems to be working like it should. Will try to hunt tomorrow and see if it acts up again.

What about cycling the power? I've had occasional problems and that always worked for me.
However if it continues, you may wish to have it looked at while under warranty.

Ism said:
What about cycling the power? I've had occasional problems and that always worked for me.
However if it continues, you may wish to have it looked at while under warranty.

If it happens again (hope not) I will give it a try.

Thanks.

Hi Cadman, I don't know if mine was corrupt or not, but I sent it in too have it looked at because when I switched frequencies to check signals or even when I switched programs I would lose sound but the numbers were still reading on the remote. Then the sound would kick back on and had nothing but erratic signals after that. They ended up telling me my remote went bad and sent me a new one. I would email repair at metaldetector.com with your issues and they will suggest stuff to do. At least that's what they did for me.Then they had me send it in. I just got it back today only was gone for a week.

newuser said:
Hi Cadman, I don't know if mine was corrupt or not, but I sent it in too have it looked at because when I switched frequencies to check signals or even when I switched programs I would lose sound but the numbers were still reading on the remote. Then the sound would kick back on and had nothing but erratic signals after that. They ended up telling me my remote went bad and sent me a new one. I would email repair at metaldetector.com with your issues and they will suggest stuff to do. At least that's what they did for me.Then they had me send it in. I just got it back today only was gone for a week.

After re-installing 3.2, it seems to be working like it should, will keep using it for a while and if it does it again I will send it in. Thanks for the helpful information.