Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very Strange Find

ManInTheWall

Any idea what that little disk is I found? I laid it on top of a quarter for size reference.

It appears to be punched out of copper. But what was it used for? I was metal detecting the other day, and there was about 4 or 5 of these in the ground, it was not easy to find with pointer!

Maybe someone punched holes in copper for something, and this was just the waste?

tempImagea9MBwG.jpg

I had something similar a few years ago, ended up to be little shimmery glitter things some female had on a sweater or hat.

Not sure what a Button Backing is.

Yes... that was a quarter I found in the ground!

It seems to be copper, but I'm not sure. I see no place where a tack spike was attached to it, and there was others a couple others there also just like it, no pointy object on it. Don't think it's a tack

If it was thinner and lighter, I could say maybe it was some glitter to go onto someones clothing.

As you can see it has a concave/convex curve to it. Fairly thick also.

I thought it was just punched out of metal, but if it was just a leftover from a hole, I don't think it would be convex shaped would it?

Thanks for Taking a guess at it!

tempImagejnHKdA.jpg

Could be a blinking plug for a water or oil galley

I think a blinking plug may also be called a freeze plug but I also think that is too small to be one plus most freeze plugs are either brass or steel.

I think a blinking plug may also be called a freeze plug but I also think that is too small to be one plus most freeze plugs are either brass or steel.
Yea, this is like the diameter of a BB almost

It seems like it was pushed out. Why.. I don't know. Why the concave/convex surface, I don't know. There was a 4 or 5 that I ran into, in the area.

Hmmm
Maybe a swaging disk.
Used for making bullet jackets.
Then lead is pressed into the nearly formed bullet.
Look a Corbin's site for bullet swaging.
Make your own. I've done 22 lr brass to 223 bullets.

I don't know what they are for but the great auction site has hundreds of listings for different size discs like you have there. Most listings mentioned crafts.