Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Veteran's Day Finds

DiggerODirt

I hit a large field and 2 tot lots at Stonehenge Elementary School in Camillus, NY today. I know there is a local hunter who hits this field...I have seen him there before, but when he sees me, he takes off for some reason...I even used my Old Spice in case I saw him today...I did not want to scare him away again...lol...Fortunately, he was not there. I found 2 wheats (1941D and 1957), a ring that looks to have been nickel plated copper, inlaid with turquoise...It appears to be hand done...The E-trac sure hits hard on dimes and Copper Pennies...I was impressed that it found the 2 tiny charms in the tot lot bark chips...They are not silver, but still cool. Again I ask how 9mm bullets get in the bark of a tot lot, unless the tree the chips were made from was hit by a bullet out in the woods?

11-12-12StonehengeElem1.jpg

11-12-12StonehengeElem2.jpg

11-12-12StonehengeElem.jpg

HH,

Nice digs ! :cheers:

And you are absolutely right about the bullets being hauled in with the woodchips. I worked at a sawmill for almost 10 years and had to resharpen thousands of saw teeth due to lead shot, nails, bullets etc ..

Nice hunt, Digger! Maybe it was the eye patch and gold teeth that scared him off? :rofl: