Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Village Square

RLOH

My town has an old square that has seen every new detectorist for the last 25 years. This is the same place that I found my first silvers with my original XS. Today's rain never materialized so I made a quick run to get my "fix". There is a gazebo in the center of this square and it was near this structure that I found my these silvers. I don't hunt with numbers with my SE Pro, but within a couple of minutes of swinging, I got a zinc like signal that was crystal clear. I was thinking a zinc penny, but the depth gauge was showing it was deeper. I dug a 6 inch deep plug and found the target slightly deeper and off to the side. I got the target in a clod of black dirt and saw green leaching around the edge of a coin. I was sure it was an Indian, but this coin was much thicker. I broke the clod open and there were two of these thicker coins stuck together. Two fatty Indians in pretty poor shape, but two fatties is still pretty rare for me. A short time later, I dug what I thought was another fatty, but this coin was bigger. It was starting to rain at this point so I headed home. This last coin was a V nickel.
I usually don't hunt places old enough for 150 year old coins so this ranks with some of my better finds. I was only killing some time enjoying the 60 degree weather. This type of day is what makes this hobby so great.