Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista Gold Getting to know it

Robert Szabo

I recently bought a used Deep Tech Vista Gold. The first time out after buying it I have to honest I was ready to get rid of it. The problem turned out to be I had it up to high. I was afraid to turn it down but as soon as I did I started finding some targets. I guess I got spoiled because I tested it out in the woods before buying it in good soil and was able to max out the power and put it in boost mode. I just couldnt do that in the CW camp field I was in.

Ive been out with it a few times and this last time really showed me what it can do. I really thought all the claims about it being so good in iron was all hype. Well, I know first hand now that it isnt. It really is amazing in an old trashy site.

I went to a site Ive hunted quite a few times before and have found some stuff but this last time I went with the Vista Gold and pulled many good target out of a really trashy site. The site is 1890s-1920s with almost nothing newer. It was a stone quarry and house site.

[attachment 290813 20140513-Slides624.jpg]

Still getting to know this detector but I know it is going to help me find more stuff in CW camps. I dont coin hunt and only hunt for relics so this machine seems like it will be perfect for that.

One thing I noticed that at first was frustrating is in a plowed field after digging a good size plug out the detector will give a good high tone hit on the hole! Maybe the halo effect from iron, Im not sure. I can now tell the difference though between that and a "real" hit. The false signal will have a good high tone but will be soft. The detectors has a nice clean sharp high tone on a real target.

[attachment 290814 20140512-IMG_6559.jpg]

Bob Szabo
Weston, MO

Keeping it correctly GB'd is important to not getting those ghost signals.
It really is a great machine when used for what it was intended for.
It delivers the targets in iron infested ground as well as the XP Deus which costs more than 2x the $$.

A great relic machine that performs as well as machines costing twice as much or even more . It is deadly at picking the good stuff from heavy carpets of nails . Amazing depth on both low and high conductors as well .