Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista Gold Hunt

morelic55

Went out yesterday to my iron patches, boy, am I gonna have fun with this machine:confused: I set it at nail reject, 2 tone, perfect GB and dug ALOT of big iron. Big iron sounds like a good target, just like on my GBSE. I did dig fewer nails than I did with the 1000v2 that I have. The chain in the pic was at least 14" deep when I saw the 1st link of it. I was afraid that if I turned up the disc past 12:00 that I would loose cuff buttons, that's the way it is on my 1000v2. I just tested the Gold and I could of turned the disc up all the way and still get the cuff button. The 3 ringers were the deepest targets at 9", funny, most of the buttons that I have found at this spot are 4" or less. I did dig nails out of holes that had good targets thou, which is what I'm aiming for. Gotta get some more time with these machines before next month in Virginia!!!!.........Mark

Maybe I should re-cycle all the iron I've found, I had to make 4 trips back to the Jeep to empty my junk pouch. I was digging everything that made a hight tone. One thing for sure, with all of the big iron out of the way, it will make it easy to get the masked targets there!!!!

Thanks for sharing Mark,

Those are a sight for sore eyes, love to see fresh dug finds from sites like these.

The fine tune iron disc is fantastic, a user can fine tune it for a particular site not being stuck with a fixed setting coupled with iron volume great combo.

Congrats,
Paul (Ca)

thats good depth , it may be 9" is all the deeper the bullets are can you bury a bullet at 12" and see if it hits it . I would dig the Iron to you know Iron like that will mask good targets on any machine,

Good job, Mark. Been waiting to see how you fared with your new "Gold" Deep Tech. Did you try switching to all metal to see if it helpd recognizing big iron, as apposed to a good (ie: bullet) signal? Curious to se if that helps. Were you able to hit your .69 cal minie buried at 10" like you did with your other machine? I'm very close to taking the lunge with the "Godl".These were a coule of questions I wated to get answered before I pull the trigger.

keep on digin,

jimmyk i Missouri

Morelic, nice hunt.

Gunnar,
I believe you would love the GOLD or SMART in your iron infested fields.

GunnarMN said:
thats good depth , it may be 9" is all the deeper the bullets are can you bury a bullet at 12" and see if it hits it . I would dig the Iron to you know Iron like that will mask good targets on any machine,

Jim, I was using Boost On, to me, all metal is a moot subject on the Gold. I know one thing the gold will hit my .69 buried in my test bed at disc depth, the only other machine I have that will do that is the Xterra 705 with the 10.5DD coils. Other machines that will not hit it in DISC MODE are the GBSE, T2SE, Tejon, AT PRO and the MXT. These Bulgarian machines are really something, I just wish the Blisstool had 2 tones, I would have one of them if it did. If you really think about it thou, a good single tone disc machine are just as good as 2 tone, just think of the iron being disc out as a low tone............Mark

Thanks, Mark. Very encouraging report. My bliss will pound out a dime I have buried in my test garden at 10 inches. F 75 will only hit it well in all metal. Barely at all in iron discrimination.CTX 3030 won't hit it well enough for me to recive a "diggable" signal.

Jim