Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista Gold (original)

shellhouse

Howdy folks,

I picked up a Vista Gold recently and am starting to get some time in the field with it. Looking at old threads but are others still using this model in 2020 and how are you liking it?

Thanks,
Mike

The Vista Gold is timeless and it’s still very up-to-date technology wise even in 2020. The 25kHz makes it especially hot on small targets and the fast recovery speed makes it ideal for iron infested sites. I own both the Vista Gold and the Vista Gold Gain and I actually prefer the sound of the Gold as opposed the higher pitch of the Vista Gold Gain. You’ve made an awesome choice and I’m sure you’ll make lots of nice finds with the Vista Gold!

It's an excellent machine and at 25khz it will still hit low conductors really well. At had one sometime back that I wish I had kept, it was exceptionally fast. Enjoy the Gold Richard

It's an excellent machine and at 25khz it will still hit low conductors really well. At had one sometime back that I wish I had kept, it was exceptionally fast. Enjoy the Gold Richard
Thanks Richard, you've been a big help too. I got this from Steve at Steve's Detectors in NY and needed a repair part from Joe in Maine. Think Steve originally got this one from you so there's been back and forth from NE to SE a few times and I'm in GA. Wonder if this is the same exact unit actually. Lol

The Vista Gold is timeless and it’s still very up-to-date technology wise even in 2020. The 25kHz makes it especially hot on small targets and the fast recovery speed makes it ideal for iron infested sites. I own both the Vista Gold and the Vista Gold Gain and I actually prefer the sound of the Gold as opposed the higher pitch of the Vista Gold Gain. You’ve made an awesome choice and I’m sure you’ll make lots of nice finds with the Vista Gold!
This seems so easy to use and I like how they did the disc and iron volume controls. It's nice being able to differentiate easily on a beep and dig machine.

The Gold that I had would give an audio response much like the Smart and Smart Plus. You could actually hear a high and low tone and after some getting used to, you could actually start hearing the deifinition of the high tone. I have found coins under nails and small iron. Richard

This seems so easy to use and I like how they did the disc and iron volume controls. It's nice being able to differentiate easily on a beep and dig machine.
Beep and dig are the new black! Lots of peeps are getting tired of playing bingo watching the numbers on a screen detector. Whereas a beep and dig machine makes you analysis more targets, rather than dismiss an iffy signal that could prove interesting just because the numbers don’t match up. Like you said it’s very straightforward to use which really helps one’s confidence using the machine, instead of pondering whether you’re using the right program etc. Good luck and happy hunting!