Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista Smart + - Vista X

Frank I have no experience with the Vista Smart. But I can say that I have the X and it is by far the deepest beep and dig machine I've ever owned and the discrimination level is awesome. It's a fun machine to use period. I am getting a small 5.7" coil in the mail today for it and from what I hear and have seen on videos it's deep as heck and has ungodly seperation abilities. The audio is very crisp and clear and very telling when you are over a good target.

Frank if you're thinking of getting one,you gotta check out the X real hard. Got a lot more going for it and since Deep Tech reduced all units by about $100 its in better reach.

Frank if you're thinking of getting one,you gotta check out the X real hard. Got a lot more going for it and since Deep Tech reduced all units by about $100 its in better reach.
The X is a very strong and deep detector

In my bad dirt I see about same depth.All the Deeptechs are deep in my soil.Even the Gold Gain on 30 khz hangs with the lower freq's for punch on high conductors and vice a versa.To me the X sounds better in a tonal way compared to the Smart.

The best thing on the X vs the other vista's is the ability to fully discriminate.Thats the one upper.the depth is there the separation is there like any of the vista's. but for the money and if your in the states for sure id get a X .

To me the X is the perfect beep and dig unit.and it has a Great disc circuit.just like the other Vistas that cleanly disc iron or at least tell you its iron even if its falsing the X can cleanly disc anything across the board or at least let you know its disc'ing an item your not interested in at the moment.

You know how the Vistas pluck non ferrous out of nails well the X can pluck coins out of trash like that even nickles by utilizing the two disc switch.You will hear if you choose the low tone for trash objects and maybe even slightly broken high low blips like iron does at times but the good stuff your after will jump out at you with that round sound in a sea of low tones and spits of high tones on disced items .

I always had it in my mind what could a Vista do in modern trash.Could it work like it does in iron getting non ferrous with ease.?Well the question has been answered.Yes it has that same type feel even on higher disc.It just locks onto what your accepting and gets rid of what your not after right then.

One thing Ive been doing for coin shooting is set first disc to just flip flop tone dead on nickle.not a solid high tone but a flip flop.when i hear a low tone I know its below nickle and when i hear a mixed tone I know its a good chance its a nickle.I set second disc to reject a zinc.So if the first report is a solid High tone i know its above a nickle and cross check to disc 2 and if the targets low tone its between a nickle and a zinc.if its high tone I know its a chance of a copper penny or higher.

Whast's great is you can actually go higher and even say just do quarters and up.or get rid of quarters and do halves.it wont get rid of a dollar but it will get close to it.

the dual disc is also great on say a fresh relic site with tons of Iron like we encounter.set the disc to say accept big brass like buckles etc.and you can cherry pick plates and coins etc before bearing down on the site and dropping disc as you go to get more and more.

The X and as well as other Vistas is using a full tone for the low tone instead of like alot of units that employ the grunt method.By giving us the full tone we can tell target shapes and sizes that are rejected.this also helps paint a picture of say a modern trash sites like rounder disced items like maybe a indian head or button your rejecting but the low tone is tight and round over an object and maybe needs to be investigated anyways.the way it talks to you tells you more than a screen or a grunt or even like on alot of machines just a short beep of accepted or rejected targets.,that being machines that use a gated audio after sampling a target to stick it in a preset timed report no matter the shape or size.

All the vista series are nice but the X takes ALL that they offer and allows you to hunt wherever you like.and the more you GET IN TUNE with it the more you will enjoy the outcome .its a very very special instrument that really has no peers in being able to audibly map out a site.Let's you know whats under the coil at all times and lets you use your senses to combat the sites.Cherry pick keepers say then go back to the high density rejected target areas where keepers where coming up at and dial back disc and work those areas at leisure pace.Its as important to know what your rejecting as it is what you seeking and the X does that very very well.

Keith

I can confirm what Keith is saying. I detect hard the first hour or two on the Vista X and dig everything above small foil, then I discrim up and turn the machine into a super accurate coin sniper. The audio cues and modulation is so good that my coin to trash ratio when sniping is like 8 to 2 in favor of coins. Here is me calling a coin: