Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista X, Melted Aluminum and 4 Silvers

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
I went to a house that had burned down and there was so much melted aluminum that I turned my discrimination up to where it would knock out pulltabs, small aluminum pcs, etc.
The hunting was very hard but I was able to find a 1930 British large cent, '64 Merc, '04 Barber dime, melted silver coin, a worn silver coin, 3 wheaties and 2 memorial pennies. I checked the melted coin and it
came in on a Teknetics 8000 at 85 like a mercury dime. The worn silver came in at 97-98 on the same machine. With the discrimination at maximum on the Vista X, it still would not discriminate the worn coin out.
I ran the disc at 38 with the iron volume off... The detector was noisy with all the crap in the ground but when it hit a good target, you knew it. I have been over this ground with other detectors and I missed these.

Attachments

• DSCF3242.JPG
    DSCF3242.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCF3245.JPG
    DSCF3245.JPG
    343.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Big Coin.jpg
    Big Coin.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 248
  • laarge cent.jpg
    laarge cent.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 223
  • old dime.jpg
    old dime.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 224
  • merc dime.jpg
    merc dime.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 211
Very nice work Richard! It’s testimony like this that makes me think I need to try the X out! Thanks again Jack

Morning Richard
Its always nice to pull silvers..
The X is a fun machine to use and keeps impressing on my relic sites..
And with the new coils coming out it will make it even better..
stay safe. joe

I went to a house that had burned down and there was so much melted aluminum that I turned my discrimination up to where it would knock out pulltabs, small aluminum pcs, etc.
The hunting was very hard but I was able to find a 1930 British large cent, '64 Merc, '04 Barber dime, melted silver coin, a worn silver coin, 3 wheaties and 2 memorial pennies. I checked the melted coin and it
came in on a Teknetics 8000 at 85 like a mercury dime. The worn silver came in at 97-98 on the same machine. With the discrimination at maximum on the Vista X, it still would not discriminate the worn coin out.
I ran the disc at 38 with the iron volume off... The detector was noisy with all the crap in the ground but when it hit a good target, you knew it. I have been over this ground with other detectors and I missed these.
Hard work pays off !!!

Well done indeed 🙂

Always nice to have a successful return trip. With all that melted aluminum it is going to be difficult to really clean out. Nice job by you and the X.

Rich