Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WAITING FOR MY BOUNTY HUNTER 4" COIL

GROMEO

I just ordered the bounty hunter 4" gold nugget coil for my QDP. does anyone own this coil and does it really snipe coins from between junk?

Yes, and around the iron too!
Got one for my Big Bud Pro, works great!

Aaron

Great ! I am going to go back to a little patch of land that I have pounded already and see what I missed.
do you shut off discrim? or do you still hunt in coin mode?

The 4 inch "Gold Nugget" coil is for the 6.6khz machines...not the 7.7khz QDP.

You want the "Ultra-4" coil that is made for the 7.7khz machines. It has a blue and white sticker on it saying "Ultra-4". It is not sold online from any vendor/dealer/store...you must call FTP to buy it. They originally sold it with a Cabela's "Treasure Tek" series.

The coil you have coming will "sort of" work...but the ID will be off and depth will drop off at about 4 inches. The "Ultra-4" coil will go 3-4 inches better and ID perfect.

Fisher made a F44 version as well...with a weatherproof screw-on connector. However, like the "Ultra-4"...itis a ghost. They made a flyer sheet for it - and sent me one to review - but then never gave me the green light on it.

Sits right here in my closet...never used.

HunterGt is probably right, my BBPro uses the 4” nugget coil, your newer machine isn’t gonna be to compliant w it.

However, yes I would work in coin mode and w the discrimination just over iron, you’ll still get the smaller gold. If it’s really junky, disc out foil.

That small coils gonna work good around iron too, be patient work slow!

Aaron

i put the coil on my QDP and it performed amazingly.
granted it is not calibrated for my machine but i killed it in a park yesterday
i got a quarter signal, dug the hole, first two nails came out then a pull tab then bamm, my quarter was at the bottom of the hole.
it really worked great. i was pulling coins between junk time after time.
my 7x10 inch coil never could have done that. this coil will pay for itself in no time.
by the way i love your videos, very informative.
thanks everyone for your help.