Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Want a water machine for Calif...

A

Anonymous

Hi, I've been metal detecting for a little while now...just on land, using a Tesoro Eldorado. Great machine. But I'm from So California & want to go back and hunt the beaches & water. Looking for ideas on a saltwater machine that won't break the bank...cheap! LOL Well cheaper...willing to trade a Tesoro for one...not sure if you guys on here can post trades...it's my first time here...Thanks in advance for your suggestions! DaleW_Arizona
gilbertaz2@yahoo.com

The White Surfmaster PI will be the best machine for where you are living. The designer of it lives in southern California and designed it for work there.

all you know is there is something there,,Saltwater,,,hmmm xcal or cz-20,,both heavy,,but nuetral bouyancy,,least the xcal is,,,just my take,,,you pi guys can have all the bobby pins and bolts,,,cs

Detector Pros wader/diver..half the price of the big names, same or better depth with great stability, lightweight and extremely easy to use, and likes gold/silver rings jewelry. puts a lot of fun in water hunting..

Thanks for the welcome !! I have 2 Tesoro Eldorado's...anyone ever tried one of those on a Saltwater beach ??

Dale got it right. The black sand is 12 feet thick in places in So California and a CZ20 or excal will go dead and won't pick up a silver dollar 1" deep. If you want to beach or wet sand hunt you can use a DFX, it works fine. If you want to go in the water the the surfmaster pi is the king of the beach there. You just have to live with digging some iron but that is better than not digging anything. My friend designed that machine and overall it can't be beat especially for the price. The older surfmaster before the pro is actually preferred by many old timers.