Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wanted: Detector Kits - VLF and PI Types

Mike D.

Hello All,
Don't kick me too hard if this is not the place for my request, I'm new to Find's Forums.
I have seen thousands of Videos (good grief not watched them all) and forum entries on the WEB about building detectors from available bare circuit cards.
However, I am not finding any sites that actually have the kits, circuit cards with schematics available.
Does anyone know.
Thanks.

If you are good at tinkering, I have 2 older Whites PI units in need of repair. There are 2 control units and 1 coil. The complete unit appears to work somewhat. Not too familiar with them. Probably need new cables and seals due to dry rot. Rods not included, frozen. Will remove parts. Can ship all for $100 plus shipping. They are White's PI 1000's. If you are in NY metro area, price may be less.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Try this site.

https://www.silverdog.co.uk/ for kits

Also, I recommend the Geotech1 forum too.

Reg

I am not allowed to post my website, you'll have to google it Treasurelinx Mirage and send me an email thru my site.

Hi Reg,
Yes, found the SilverDog site. Looks like I may be trying one of them after I have played out the VLF vintage units I have acquired.
Thanks.
Mike D.

Thanks Sven,

You have a wonderful site with exquisite PI constructions.
I am constantly referencing your site for history on various vintage machines.
I have some wild ideas for some new detectors, but just do not have the engineering understanding to integrate things right now.
Mike.

Hi All,
Update on the SilverDog site.
Of note, it appears that none of the product boards or kits are currently available in single lot orders of one item.
The checkout page comes up with 'item not available' flagged with three *** for all kits and boards I selected.
Mike.

hi Mike

i have all kinds of good projects for DIY.
VLF project - GMT King Cobra, same as Tesoro Royal Sabre
PI project, simplest, very good for any beginner, - Barracuda
PI project, deeper, - Delta Pulse
all you can find out and read about in Geotech.

sincerely
Anatloy aka kt315

Thank You kt315 for your offers of assistance.

Right now I am trying to step through some old VLF transmit/receive detectors.
Taking each section at a time and looking at how the segments process the signals from the coil field.
Realizing that those that can read circuit drawings with an engineering understanding are best equipped to modify the song the circuits sing.
Thanks again.
Mike.