Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend Hunt Day 2 Nets a Second I.T. Token.

Gonehunting

After day one, I had no clue that I was going to have a second day of great finds..
When I got there, I again headed up the sidewalk and found more pre1920 wheats. After the sidewalk I headed back up into the yard to start where I had left off the day before.. Immediately, I found a 1914D wheat cent.. I was pretty sure that it might have been a scarcer find but didn't realize it's value till I got home.
WMni6.jpg

After getting the dirt off of it I looked it up and was shocked at what the value started out at..
GnQ0G.jpg

I continued up the line I was working and found these two Rabies vaccination tags from 1949.
E2RPD.jpg

A few feet further came a rusty "Old Timer" pocket knife. Continuing on I got a 94-95 on the Deus and out came my first silver of the day..
Y1yWd.jpg

I needed some water to clean it off, so I went next door to fill a bottle up. While I was there I gained permission there.
Moving on I found my first Indian Head Cent of the day.. A 1901. Later in the day I moved over into the second yard I had gain permission, The yard was super trashy but managed a second 1901 Indian Head.
cRLbT.jpg

Only moving a few feet back into the original yard I got a high "quarter" sound that was right on the top of the surface and out comes my second silver of the day, but this was a ring. It looks like bones, but it does say .925 and it has a hallmark.
16RD7.jpg
CwvU6.jpg

Only moving a few more feet into my grid I got another repeatable tone and dug... The weird thing about this ring is back in November when I found my first Indian Territory token I also found a smashed ring just like this one.. That hunt was in a different yard over 6 blocks away..Very odd coincidence.
xCd5m.jpg

VmKWR.jpg

After finishing my grid, I moved back into the middle of the yard and started concentrating on questionable signals and immediately dug these two Buffalo's..
W2WV3.jpg

Feeling tired and was getting ready to go home, I told myself, "one more signal"... what a surprise...
YMYHg.jpg

rurT8.jpg

I couldn't believe a 2nd token in 2 days.. I was shocked!
Here are the two together...
MDKLx.jpg

VscPv.jpg

Here is a pic of all of the days finds.. I had several more wheats. Needless to say my weekend with the Deus was one heck of a weekend....
3JDgB.jpg

That's awesome, your really killing it with the Deus! Good for you and I am really looking forward to your coming posts. HH -Marc

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
Do you remember what the Buffalo nickles came in as on the VID and what frequency were you using?? Nice yard hunt there.
I found a shield nickel over the weekend. out of the dirt using 12khz it rings up at 55 + or - a point or 2.

I have had a couple of weird readings on two of my buffaloes.. normally around 62 on 17 khz, but I had two that one hit 75 and the other 78.. I couldn't explain it for anything.. out of the ground 62...

MHirschmann said:
That's awesome, your really killing it with the Deus! Good for you and I am really looking forward to your coming posts. HH -Marc
thanks Marc... posted todays finds a few minutes ago..
A 2 hour hunt and a 5cent cigar

Evan - Some really nice finds. Like seeing what you think about the Deus, seems like a great machine.

Favorite line - "I needed some water to clean it off, so I went next door to fill a bottle up. While I was there I gained permission there."
ehehe, LOL. You are like a machine when it comes to gaining permission and thanks for sharing those other tips. Really good ideas. My Neighborhood here in Germany is around 500 years old, at least at the center (which is where I live). I really do need to befriend some of the neighbors!

Take care and keep it up,
Albert

Awesome hunt. Congrats on the semi key date wheat and the rest of the cool finds.

your welcome.. will be posting the vids from both hunts on each thread.

earthmansurfer said:
Evan - Some really nice finds. Like seeing what you think about the Deus, seems like a great machine.

Favorite line - "I needed some water to clean it off, so I went next door to fill a bottle up. While I was there I gained permission there."
ehehe, LOL. You are like a machine when it comes to gaining permission and thanks for sharing those other tips. Really good ideas. My Neighborhood here in Germany is around 500 years old, at least at the center (which is where I live). I really do need to befriend some of the neighbors!

Take care and keep it up,
Albert
its all in the presentation.. I usually start by asking to hunt the sidewalk to the road which usually belongs to the city anyway..if they seem interested, I add "and if I find some interesting finds, would you mind if I sample your yard to see if more is there.. heck if I find any jewelry and you can identify it, you can keep it.. and If I find gold coins, I will split the spot value or coin value which ever is higher"... that gets them fired up..lol