Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend Hunt

Patrick(MI)

Got out Friday and Saturday with my new ForsCore. Managed to find a bunch of stuff but no old coins. Did find a large brass what's-it down every bit of 12". What a great machine.

I agree this machine is super deep you are going to find some good stuff that is going to make you want too hit all your areas again.

n/t

To anyone that might be interested in my settings this is what I was running;

Di3
85 Sensitivity
49 ID Mask
Auto Ground Tracking

Also wonder about the type of site environment to select Auto-Tracking?

In Di3 I usually run the Sensitivity at '85' to '90' and the ID Mask at '23' to just reject most Iron Nails and some iron. I like to hear other iron and also not reject the very low conductive range of the non-ferrous targets. That way I will be less likely to reject small, thin gold rings, pendants and chains.

Just curious, and I'll check in later. I'm home from church, changed my clothes and am headed to the local freshwater beach with the FORS CoRe w/standard 7X11 DD. I'll check on your reply later.

Thanks,

Monte

Well I was digging too much deep foil so I decided to block it out. Plus I'm just getting to know the machine and didn't want to spend the day digging too much junk. LOL
Then after watching the DVD that came with the machine I saw that in auto tracking the machine knocks out hot rocks. Since there's lots of them here I thought I'd give it a try. I'm still digging large deep iron though. Dug an old pitching horse shoe at about 11" and a couple of sweet sounding nails at around 12-13" LOL. I had a really good signal so I start digging, tunneling under roots, get down about 11" and find a large square nail. I'm like NOOOOOOO! LOL So I sweep the hole again and I still have a sweet signal down there. So I keep digging expecting a nice piece of silver. Sadly it was another large square nail. LOL I wanted to weep. LOL LOL
Patrick

Were you digging those large square nails 11 inches down using ID MASK of 49? If so, I wonder why? Did it give any iron sound? Also, you mentioned finding deep foil. I wonder what number beaver tails, pull tabs, screw caps etc would be blocked out, hopefully when I'm coin shooting down the road.

Thank you
Bubba

Patrick(MI) said:
To anyone that might be interested in my settings this is what I was running;

Di3
85 Sensitivity
49 ID Mask
Auto Ground Tracking

Never got any iron grunts. I guess I was just picking up the iron halo. I'm just getting to know this machine so. I did recheck the hole after removing the two nails and there wasn't anything left. Maybe I need to leave the ID Mask lower so it will tell me about the iron. Or maybe there's a problem with the machine. IDK. LOL

Patrick here's what you need............ GET the small coil ASAP so you can proceed to kick Robert's fanny! Great machine with the stock coil, above all the rest by a long shot with the small coil. Small coil is ridiculous good. Robert will get another CoRe or Racer after a few hunts under your belt with the small coil.

n/t