Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well... I've been kind of silent as I didn't get to open mine till Monday...

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
It seems some of you have done excellent reports on the X-Terra and it's lightness as well as it's design. I played with some air testing today. Dimes were reading a bit differently but the other denominations seemed to respond the same. Dimes were consistant if you ran the same dime under it but different for different diimes. Air testing though.

I think my testing will happen Sunday on a real spot that I was saving for the Explorer. I am very curious as to what it will do on the pounded sites that still have some deep things still left.

More from me later. Been busy since I got back into town... Guvner..

I am finding the same thing with mine. I actually passed about 100 old silver dimes (seated, barber, merc and roseys) under my coil and found them hitting 33, 36 or 39. And, as you said, if one specific dime comes in at a certain number, then it will always hit that number. I found a simiar situation with Indian Head cents. They hit either 27, 30 or 33. And I tested about 100 of them too. My advice would be, if the audio signal is solid and the meter is constant, dig it. If you get a mixed signal, especially if a 27 comes flying by, it will probably be trash. I have dug lots of different targets in the 30 - 33 range this past week. Some good and some trash. I found a nice old military button reading 33 today. Dug at 6 inches, reading a solid 33. I'll attach a pic to this post. Let us know how it performs for you on Sunday. HH Randy

I am on the road this weekend, at a hunt in Lancaster PA. I used the X-terra yesterday. will post results Sunday or Monday.

Dimes depending on the wear from circulation. Digger what are the condition of the test items?

All of it is stuff that I have dug over the years. Some of it is reburied in my test plot. But, here is a picture of the typical coins. HH Randy