Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wet sand areas

A

Anonymous

Do most of you find certain objects, i.e. quarters, sinkers, nickles in at the same level as gold items? I've heard this in passing but have never really broken it down to "zone in" on the areas with the highest probablity of holding gold or other heavy precious metals. What would most of you consider "the zone" when hunting low tide?
Thanks
Rick

Really green clad starts to show up in groups mainly quarters,nickles,or a lot of lead the gold and older silver is close by.You have heard of holes opening up? alot of times when sand is removed from an area of beach its refered to as a hole its usally down low on beach. these holes can deliver very good finds there will be lots of heavy junk too but dig every target and you will stand a good chance of getting some good stuff.then theres cuts I consider cuts to be when a little higher part of beach is removed some times causing a sharp drop off exsposing finds. I start my hunting of a beach by going staight to a low spot or zig zag at a fair speed till I hit a area thats giving up quarters and such then I slow down and dig every target. since I adopted this plan of action every time I walk on too a beach my good finds have become more often. hope this helps you out.Also if your digging lots of zincs and dimes move theres most likely no gold there! HH GB

Hi Rick, If the direction of the wind and height of the waves are favorable to either push good targets from deeper water towards shore or to erode or remove a foot or 2 and form a cut once you locate quarters,nickles,sinkers,keys you are in the Zone and then slow down and scan that area well! Good Luck! Walter