Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wet Weather?

Dyna_Willie

I am planning on going out for the first time tomorrow. It is been wet here all day. What if any problems does this propose? I have been reading the forums and they have mentioned falses if it's too wet. Is that in grass? In pine bark mulch? Dirt? I have a BH Sharp Shooter II, any suggestions? Or bag it and wait for dryer weather? Thanks, Willie

I have a BH Tracker IV, and its just a day short of Noah's flood in rain here. I went out today, and the grass did not give me any problems, so go for it. :) You might want to take a dry rag along to wipe the coil occasionally, if it does give you a problem.

I use a plastic bag over my control housing, it keeps the water out. RE: Falsing: (Wet beach sand), If you keep your coil height constant and your swing speed the same you will dramatically reduce the falsing! I have used my tracker IV's on the wet sand and had many good finds, including really nice gold and silver jewelery, and a bucket full of coins. Perseverence, patience, and practise. HH regards Nugget.:)

I have been out a few times during the recent thaw here in NY (we are back to snow as of last night..about 1" on ground) I only have a problem with the mud...I tend to hunt ONLY right handed, I also dig right handed...this gets mud on my swinging hand, so I am constantly wiping my hands off with an old towel...you want to wipe off any mud on the coil also...too much build-up will give you falsing...I have to turn the sensitivity down a bit on wet clay, but it does not effect the depth much...If you get falsing, just back down the sensitivity until the falsing stops on a normal swing....putting the bag over the control housing is a good idea...cinch it with a small cable tie...

Happy Hunting,

in wet soil you will get more hits an falseing, i think the moisture affects the iron in the ground, giving the iron a stronger responce than say, the moisture affecting silver, dont let it stop you from hunting