Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a shock

Donut

I ordered a short bottle shaft for my XTerra 70 on amazon and no problem there.
It came in original Minelab package. But according to Minelab service center they don’t come with the special rubber washers . Ok so I ordered them. two little rubber washers / spacers . Get this $7 FOR EACH WASHER and you need two of them and pay shipping total cost $20 . That is totally redicolus as those special washers should be part of the lower shaft . I wanted to get two more shafts but at that price I’ll never be able to do that. Thanks Minelab.

Your Friend; Doug

Anyone find anything else cheaper

I bought some a few years ago from a then forum sponsor a little cheaper. But minelab is to high on everything

Yesterday I found out the guy I order them from at mine lab was looking at the wrong place on the computer I think. They have a complete spare parts package that contains 4 of the washers plus extra nylon bolts and spacer for the bolts and also the Velcro all I the package. Heck that whole package on Amazon was $23 , I wish I would have seen that earlier. Oh well

Thank You : I did go a hardware store and did get some thin rubber washers to have just in case in the future, I think a little contact cement would be needed to keep them in place. On the two shafts I have now I did pull the original washers off and added a slight amount of contact cement to them as an extra precaution so they don’t fall off when changing coils. I had one fall off when I did a coil change and that is why I am concerned about loosing one again. I almost broke the ear on the coil because I was tightening the wingnut down and noticed the ear was bending and was lucky I seen it and stopped and luckily I noticed the washer laying on the bumper of my car.
I just want everyone here know to keep an eye on those washers.

Doug

Go to NAPA. They have rubber and fiber washers but ask at the counter because they keep them in back. They have them for drain plug gaskets and such. That's where I got a couple.

Ok that’s good for everyone to know.
Thank You