Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What about a racer type detector , but with a lower frequency?

bugg

I'm just wondering out loud if a 7-8 freq machine would be a better coin hunter vs the 14-15Khz freq? Maybe not so sensitive to small trash, and more sensitive to coins,possibly deeper, and maybe better in mineralized dirt? Would love to hear the experts opinions.

bugg said:
I'm just wondering out loud if a 7-8 freq machine would be a better coin hunter vs the 14-15Khz freq? Maybe not so sensitive to small trash, and more sensitive to coins,possibly deeper, and maybe better in mineralized dirt? Would love to hear the experts opinions.
We used to note a lot of difference in the latter '70s and into the '80s between detectors made in the lower end of the VLF range, plus-or-minus 7 kHz, and those that operated a little higher in the plus-or-minus 15 kHz ranges.

But we have seen a rather steady progress toward "general purpose" or "multi-purpose" detectors that are more in the 12 kHz to 15 kHz range for quite some time and with the coming of digital designed circuitry, they seem to be working quite well for all-around performance. The only thing I see possibly advantageous about a lower frequency in the 6.5 kHz to maybe 8 kHz range, would be the possibility of better responsiveness on higher-conductive targets, such as USA silver halves and silver dollars or other high-conductive targets.

Certainly these are not frequently encountered targets compared to the lower-to-mid-range conductors that most detector operators will encounter, but it would be interesting if they could make a model with similar adjustment functions and performance as the Racer/CoRe models at a lower frequency that would still work well afield. But it would have to at least work as well as these models we have in-hand today. I'm not sure if there is enough wide-spread demand for such a detector to encourage R&D engineers to work on it.

Just opinions.

Monte

I don't see the higher freq having problems with finding coins..I'm not a coin shooter but I don't really see a problem