Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Are Your Favotite Digs With A Metal Detector? Silver Coins, Clad, Relics,Common Coins, Jewellery, Gold Jewellery? :shrug:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
So many variables have changes during the last 10 years. Metal detectors are getting more technology built into them, and what used to cost the most is not necessarily the best today. There are metal detectors built today to excel in relics, gold nuggets and coins. The price of gold and silver has skyrocketed & there are now one dollar coins in circulation and a much younger generation making up a lot of the posts. Money is tight, yet people are still losing more money each year than what is being found with metal detectors. It would be interesting to see if some of the demographics have changed.

To respond, post your hunting preferences, from most important to you to least important.

I love hunting for rings, as I gets me into the water on hot summer days, yet can keep me at home and find rings from a 5 mile radius from home. The same can be said about clad. usually my relic hunts are combined with searches for silver coins, which happen mostly in the spring and fall.

I like rings, for same reasons you posted. I live 1/4 mi. from a lake, next would be coins. I have never tried relic hunting.

even if they're pennies. Then gold jewelry, silver jewelry and anything old.
Jewelry quest gets me to the beach and old stuff turns up anywhere.

[size=medium]Though I've only had one official outing with my AT Pro, I can say that I enjoy finding all things coin and jewelry![/size]

All the above especially old coins.
Worst finds is can slaw:thumbdown: which will mimmic all the above !:

Electronic prospecting is my overall favorite.:garrett::detecting: Actually, I would rather prospect than do anything. Whether it's nugget shootin', drywashin', sluicin', pannin' and such.:wiggle:
Next to that would be beach/water huntin', lookin' for gold jewelry.
Then I/we enjoy hittin' tot lots lookin for any jewelry that the mommas may have lost while tendin' to junior.:biggrin:
I use to relic hunt alot more years ago, but I'm usually up for a good relic/field hunt. It's fun.
I'm not much of a clad fan, but coin shootin' is fun. I use to coinshoot alot more back in the day. My wife gets enough for both of us now. She runs circles around me with her Ace 250.:garrett::twodetecting:
Happy Hunting!:)

I enjoy hunting older sites where silver may be, when I hunt newer sites where jewerly is not likely , I'll hunt 80 or higher.