Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do think about this depth test video.:thumbup:

Finder82

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGIcbiglLwA

Very nice video about the Makro racer.

The numbers they mention while doing different tests ?? Is that the coil model numbers ???. I see the coil keeps getting bigger, and bigger as the test goes forth. And of course the depth gets deeper.

I wonder what mode they were using , all metal, 2 tone, 3 tone, (question 1) and what gain number Increase they used (question 2)?

Very informative video, as I believe that the 2 € piece is a mix of nickel and copper.
nice video though.

Bubba

What do I think? I think it isn't much more than an air test. Interesting to watch but does not necessarily reflect the results one might get in a real hunt.

I have to wonder there are all these freshly planted coins and air tests, where are the actual live found videos?

So they are finding coins even with the small coil nice and deep but the ground has no iron it seems the dirt is really too clean and yes you will get a lot of depth with ground like that. So not a very fair test I would like to see what the ground reads first..but hey I think the racer is going to really make the company that makes the F detectors wonder why they didn't come out with a new flag ship instead of fixing the problem with their detectors after how many years??? But a good company can bounce back if they can give us something that is fresh and proven

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
So they are finding coins even with the small coil nice and deep but the ground has no iron it seems the dirt is really too clean and yes you will get a lot of depth with ground like that. So not a very fair test I would like to see what the ground reads first..but hey I think the racer is going to really make the company that makes the F detectors wonder why they didn't come out with a new flag ship instead of fixing the problem with their detectors after how many years??? But a good company can bounce back if they can give us something that is fresh and proven

TOTALLY AGREED LOWBOY. there was zero iron in their testing, which is real world conditions. I would love to see relics on their runners rulers and USA silver coins, in addition to brass and copper buttons , in addition to some iron thrown into the mix!

Let's see if SOMEONE, EVEN NOKTA/RACER can do this for us!

Bubba

I'd like to see some real non-planted digs. Not laying some rusty nails out and laying coins beside them, but coins in with rusted nails that have been in the ground for 50+ years leeching like in a real world hunt. That would be impressive.

Southwind said:
I'd like to see some real non-planted digs. Not laying some rusty nails out and laying coins beside them, but coins in with rusted nails that have been in the ground for 50+ years leeching like in a real world hunt. That would be impressive.

EVEN BETTER "real world testing"... hopefully dilek from nokta/macro will read this....

We would LOVE to do real world testing. But, speaking for myself, I'm under 3 feet of snow here still so unfortunately Alls I can do is beaches.
As soon as my ground thaws you'll see plenty of real world videos at cellar holes & such....

I know my first outing with the CoRe was in a highly trashy area (HS football field by bleachers) and it was picking coins out of all the foil and pull tabs some coins were right next to the trash (lower or higher in the hole) and I would hear both tones and get both VIDs. There was some but not a whole lot of iron in the area but I will be hitting an 1800s home site where the home burned down in the near future and I will try and get some video of it while I am out.

greaser said:
I know my first outing with the CoRe was in a highly trashy area (HS football field by bleachers) and it was picking coins out of all the foil and pull tabs some coins were right next to the trash (lower or higher in the hole) and I would hear both tones and get both VIDs. There was some but not a whole lot of iron in the area but I will be hitting an 1800s home site where the home burned down in the near future and I will try and get some video of it while I am out.

Thank you for the input greaser! Where you running di2 or di3? Pulling coins from all around foil is VERY IMPRESSIVE I SAY. eye you using the stock coil as well?

Thank you,
Bubba

bubbadirect said:
greaser said:

Thank you for the input greaser! Where you running di2 or di3? Pulling coins from all around foil is VERY IMPRESSIVE I SAY. eye you using the stock coil as well?

Thank you,
Bubba

No problem Bubba just glad to be able to contribute to the discussion. I was using Di3 it makes the coins really stand out against the trash. We will be going back to the site once the frost is all the way out I will be sure to get some video of it. The number of targets is almost comical the machine is going off all the time then you hit that nice high tone and it just stops you dead and seems to be always repeatable.

greaser said:
bubbadirect said:
greaser said:

Thank you,
Bubba

No problem Bubba just glad to be able to contribute to the discussion. I was using Di3 it makes the coins really stand out against the trash. We will be going back to the site once the frost is all the way out I will be sure to get some video of it. The number of targets is almost comical the machine is going off all the time then you hit that nice high tone and it just stops you dead and seems to be always repeatable.
Very nice contribution greaser. Have you had a chance to try the truck larger coil yet, or just the standard coil

The Euro 5 cent piece is copper Clad steel..I wonder why that coin was selected as apposed to a silver coin or copper one. I wonder if the copper clad steel gives a louder target response?

Sillllvar

"The coins are composed of copper-covered steel, with a diameter of 21.25 mm, a 1.67 mm thickness and a mass of 3.92 grams."

So they are close to the diameter of most Canadian and US nickels, but a different thickness. I don't think the copper-covered steel coils would give a louder or higher Tone. The steel composition, like some Canadian 5¢ coins, will cause problems with Target ID as well as getting a reading. Note that the Canadian 5¢ "nickel" coins have been, and are, made of challenging material as well. The metal Nickel (Ni), as well as Steel, are "magnetic" metals. Attracted to a magnet, they have different effects on an EMF than a Copper or Silver or Zinc metal.

Here are some of the problem 5¢ coins from Canada, and there are many other countries that also use some terrible metal alloy mixers for their coins that make them more difficult to find.:

1922-42 ... 99% Ni
1944-45 ... chrome plated steel
1946-51 ... 99.9% Ni
1951-54 ... chrome plated steel
1955-81 ... 99.9% Ni
2000-15 ... 94.5% steel, 3.5% Cu, 2% Ni plating

I noted they used an assortment of coin sizes and metal types, and they might have chosen the 5¢ Euro coin simply due to size and that it is regularly available for many people to try on their own.

Monte

I haven't seen another video offered by a competitive manufacturer that would be of this quality or as informative.

Yes, I do wish they would have mentioned the Gain setting, and also shown and mentioned the Ground Phase setting and Ferrous Mineral read-out for the particular site, and confirmed which Mode was used.

However, they were not using the common method of digging a hole that disturbs all of the surrounding ground about the test target. Instead, they left the soil, from surface to target depth, in it's natural compacted condition. Then they drilled small holes and placed a test coin on a plastic or plexiglass 'stick' so there was no metal present except the sample coin.

They also brilliantly swept the coil into the search area to show there was no metal, inserted the test sample and re-approached the spot so we could hear the audio response, and then removed the sample coil while remaining in position and re-scanning the spot after the test target was removed. Add to that the very understandable use of English in the video and the sign language for hearing impaired, and I think the result is vastly improved over what most manufacturers attempt to demonstrate ... if they attempt it at all.

From my own in-the-field experiences, I have to concur in the performance abilities of the Racer and assortment of search coils over various ground environments I have hunted in or used for 'sample-testing' on my own, both with the Makro Racer and Nokta FORS CoRe.

There will be user-produced in-the-field videos, I am sure, as the Racer gets into more and more hands and put to work, and I know this will happen because it is an excellent detector, quite affordable, and in-the-field performance will impress many to want to video their journeys, if they have the camera to do so, and we will see actual results. Until then, and from the manufacturer's standpoint, I think the Nokta/Makro Detector folks are spot-on in their quality and honesty in an effort to be straight forward about what they offer us, the consumers.

Great video work, in my opinion, and a tip-of-the-hat for their marketing department.

Monte

Bubba I only have the standard coil right now. I will hopefully be getting the small coil in the near future.

I agree with you,Monte--most of the other manu. produced videos have so much wind noise and the participants mumble half the time that the irritation factor overcomes the learning factor.