Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What has been your

Allen in MT

What is your best find to date with a metal detector gold or otherwise.
I had mentioned in another post that I had metal detected for coins, etc long before getting into electronic prospecting.
One of my finds that is probable the best is a waitress badge. It is from a cafe in Glacier National Park and is the only one known to exist according to the park museum curator and will be listed in the book of national park badges.
I found it at a home site here in Ronan. After having it verified I made contact with everyone that lived in the house since it was built including the builder and no one could remember anyone in their families or otherwise, that used to work in GNP.The home is about 60 years old. No idea how it ended up here, as we are 70 miles south of the park.
It was figured that when the park 1st started whoever had the cafe had these badges made to resemble the park badges.I even talked to some older retired park personnel in their 70's and they couldn't help.
As of now the park museum has a photo of it and would like the badge for their museum, which is where it will eventually go.
Other than that I guess the solid gold tennis bracelet and the 5.65 ounce solid gold nugget rank right up there also.
enjoy and have a good day
Allen in MT

i am prowd of this nugget,, Golden Fossil. You know where it was found.

Best find was a good woman,with bad judgement who married me, and put up with my onry butt for 7 1/2 years-seemed like 7 days.Had a couple a bad ones for a year or three and seemed like a million years a misery!! Health is another treasure that has eluded me but man alive what a blast was had by an ol'adreneline junkie getting here. Gold by the pounds on the Merced,2 forks of the american,mokelume,feather,sacramento,trinity,and hundreds a creeks over almost 50 years a gold grubbn'. Got a new puter and will post some pics of monster poundage when I finish my lessons on the DELL!!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John still plunking on my ol IBM!! Wonder ifn' I'll ever learn to type??

D70-1472.html