Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What have you found to be the most ideal setup for separation in trash? Here's mine in brief-

My favorite setup for separation, has been my MXT with the 9" Hotfoot coil. { I also have a Euro Sabre with a 4" coil I like, especially to use near iron fences and playground equipment metal supports etc, with the disc all the way up, if used properly, you can hit coins within 3" of a big piece of iron. } That does not work as well with the Hotfoot on the MXT. The Hotfoot is just 2" wide by 9" and weighs next to nothing!

I define trash as modern trash, ie. alum foil & tabs, steel bottle caps, alum caps and can slaw.

My moderate to heavy trash rig is the Golden MicroMax with the Cleansweep coil. The Cleansweep coil gives great seperation and ground coverage at the same time. You can limit the audio response to the targets you are looking for, and, you can layer hunt a site in quick time.

Depth?...maybe 5-6" depending on how high the trash content is. When I hunt the steel bottle cap carpet sights, or the tab carpet sites, this is the one I take and the one I measure all others against.

Golden-u :detecting:

Thanks for the tip. I have a Quattro(minelab) and a DFX. The DFX would do well with the hotfoot coil. I have heard good things about it. The Quattro is nice if not too trashy.

Mirage

Not one of my Minelab favorites! :(
The DFX on the other hand, is a great detector, that I believe only requires the time and effort, to make it the best of the best!
If you get the 9" Hotfoot, you won't regret it!

it does exactly what it was designed to do and does it well. I do think the Hotfoot is a little better for the specific purpose of separation, but it sure don't cover ground like a Cleansweep! Good choice!