Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is it

Texan

Got a canteen and this at the Garrett hunt. What is this in the case?

Attachments

• 57636E3D-D9BA-45A2-BAAB-F72651EF05B4.jpeg
    57636E3D-D9BA-45A2-BAAB-F72651EF05B4.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 185
  • DB0C969F-2A50-430E-A8D4-E03CA3802B15.jpeg
    DB0C969F-2A50-430E-A8D4-E03CA3802B15.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 180
Top two center items are fuse primers. Below that looks like a scabbard tip and below that is a post war tent rope tensioner. That style tensioner was patented Nov. 30 1880.

Attachments

• tent stake.jpg
    tent stake.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 140
Top two center items are fuse primers. Below that looks like a scabbard tip and below that is a post war tent rope tensioner. That style tensioner was patented Nov. 30 1880.
I found three of the rope tensioners recently and knew what they were from other posts... did not realize some had patent dates on them... great information you provided on them...👍👍

So would that make it Infantry issued????? Cool find!!

So would that make it Infantry issued????? Cool find!!
I think that they were military issue in the beginning but may have been commercially available later on. While I do know when they were patented I do not know when they went out of production. I have several with and without patent dates that came from a Spanish-American war camp site located near me.