Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is so different with the VLF Racer / Fors CoRe that other VLF machines lack?

JimmyCT

My intention is not to start a flame war so please let's not turn it into one. I am genuinely wanting to know what makes the Racer - 14khz and the Fors CoRe 15khz VLF machines so different from other machines running at or around 15khz? From what I am reading and surmising from user's comments these detectors are the best thing to come along since the invention of the detector. What gives them the edge? Or are they just another VLF that can do nothing extraordinary? I have used many other detector brands that run close in the frequency range of the above mention detector and have good capabilities of pulling good signals out of iron infested sites. What sets these detectors apart from the rest? Sell it to me.

I am also curious. I have seen them compared to the f75/t2 and mine were no good in wet sand but somehow the Makro is pulling quarters @ 10" in wet sand with little to no falsing.??? I've had many high end vlf's and none would do this.

Performance meets Simplicity

And by this I mean the machine can compete on a World class level in terms of unmasking in iron and you dont even have to set it up or tweak it to get those world class results...

Seriously turn it on, ground grab and hunt...the machine does a tremendous amount of processing for you and makes the end result seem easy straight forward and uncomplicated..

Some machines I spend hours getting the setting just right to get it to do what I want in unmasking in iron...and alot of the settigns I use were hard earned...The Makro Racer almost makes it unfair for the advanced decades old detectorist who has honed his skill level for hours on in ...A necomer or Novice new to iron contaminated sites can simply turn on and stroll in and unmask on a very very good level of performance...and never know how difficult it can be to get those end results...

It makes me feel like in some ways Im cheating at times its just so simple...turn on and Hunt...I keep thinking there has to be a magic tweak or adjustment to take it to another level...but actually by just turning it on your at the other level..

Now I dont want to sound like its the end all detector....Theres no such thing...but the thing that comes to mind to me quickly is the Performance meets Simplicity description.....

It ought to be there sales slogan...LOL!

Keith

Thank you Keith for providing me with an excellent answer to my questions. I will also add (after viewing the video of the Racer nailing the 10" deep quarter) I was shocked to see the depth it can reach to. Glad there are people like you in the field that can straight talk right down to where the rubber meets the road. :cheers: Thank you again for your dedication, education and time you devote to your fellow "detectorist."

Keith Southern said:
Performance meets Simplicity

And by this I mean the machine can compete on a World class level in terms of unmasking in iron and you dont even have to set it up or tweak it to get those world class results...

Seriously turn it on, ground grab and hunt...the machine does a tremendous amount of processing for you and makes the end result seem easy straight forward and uncomplicated..

Some machines I spend hours getting the setting just right to get it to do what I want in unmasking in iron...and alot of the settigns I use were hard earned...The Makro Racer almost makes it unfair for the advanced decades old detectorist who has honed his skill level for hours on in ...A necomer or Novice new to iron contaminated sites can simply turn on and stroll in and unmask on a very very good level of performance...and never know how difficult it can be to get those end results...

It makes me feel like in some ways Im cheating at times its just so simple...turn on and Hunt...I keep thinking there has to be a magic tweak or adjustment to take it to another level...but actually by just turning it on your at the other level..

Now I dont want to sound like its the end all detector....Theres no such thing...but the thing that comes to mind to me quickly is the Performance meets Simplicity description.....

It ought to be there sales slogan...LOL!

Keith

what i have seen , from people who have tried almost every detector out their is target I D excellent in mineralized soil , 2 the 5" coil s ability to snipe in Iron actually from what i have seen better than anything I know out now , like keath say simplicity , and for a very reasonable price I have seen three seasoned detectorist point out things like how it performs in wet salt sand target I , D at depth where other brand s give the Iron signal this thing is some real competition to other brands , the other detector that is good at sniping in Iron is the Dues that machine is no Joke its good to,

Wow, you guys are getting me all fired up to get one. I love the fact that it is VERY easy on batteries, according to several Racer users that I have spoken with. That, in itself, means quite alot. I love my F19. I really do. But I always need to carry a spare battery (9 volt square batteries). Anyway, can't with to get my Racer Pro package!!!!

Keith summed it all up nicely and since I don't have the racer but have the core I bought from him I can say from my testing the depth is the best I have ever seen in 40 years coil for coil.

I am amazed and at the same time puzzled how they can take a 7x9" DD or whatever the stock coil is and I can pick up my test minnie ball 3" off the ground that is buried 12".

In theory it should take a 12" concentric with high transmit power to do that.

My new F75 ltd2 will pick it up right on the target but lift it up and I get Iron tone in 2 tone ferrous.

The other thing is the target ID on the core is solid, steady and deep and most other top of the line detectors like the Fisher F75 are very bouncy.

I have only seen Keith's and other video pulling Non ferrous targets from the iron sites but that seems as good or better than the Deus without any complicated programming.

Keith, love you slogan

Consistency. They don't just do a few things okay some of the time, they do things well most of the time. As Keith stated, and I 100% agree, both the FORS Coin & Relic and Racer can unmask good targets in an iron nail contaminated site better than any detector and coil combo I have ever used. Ever!

As I have preached for years and continue to state frequently in posts, "I like simple," and both of these models are. I have owned and used most of the top-end performers that operate close to these frequencies, and several "multi-frequency" detectors that come close to these frequencies, and they need more adjustment functions and/or have some peculiar quirks to their operational behavior .... but the FORS CoRe and Racer are so easy-to-use, uncluttered and feature simple-to-use adjustments and they simply do what a great detector is supposed to do ... WORK WELL!

Matter of fact, as I glance to the east from this rest area and see dawn is bringing an orange hue across the edge of a cloudless blue sky, it's time to drive on to a ghost town to put 'simple' detectors to work doing what they do .. work consistently.

Monte

Oh, one more thing that is different is that they, as a solo detector or with their 'Pro Package,' have to be some of the most affordable detectors that can provide such excellent versatility.

Monte you lead the life,maybe in my next life I can be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee like Monte.And thanks for all your information.

I had no idea my spur of the moment 10" quarter video would get that much attention. Any VLF can hit a 10" buried quarter in normal soil, but often the ID numbers are not right or jumpy. So, for the Racer to do that in wet sand, on only my second time out, and ID it perfectly (or even up average) opened my eyes. You can hear the excitement in my voice. I wish I had expanded the test & turned sensitivity down & such. Perhaps bury it at 11" (& bring a ruler next time). As I said, it was a spur of the moment thing at the end of the day & not really planned.....

Thank you Monte for your informative post as well.

Yes it did! Thanks - Jim.

DigFella said:
I had no idea my spur of the moment 10" quarter video would get that much attention. Any VLF can hit a 10" buried quarter in normal soil, but often the ID numbers are not right or jumpy. So, for the Racer to do that in wet sand, on only my second time out, and ID it perfectly (or even up average) opened my eyes. You can hear the excitement in my voice. I wish I had expanded the test & turned sensitivity down & such. Perhaps bury it at 11" (& bring a ruler next time). As I said, it was a spur of the moment thing at the end of the day & not really planned.....

So know I'm an advanced decades old detectorist?:rofl: