Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the smallest coil for the Excalibur 2?

Hank68

Thanks for any info.

Seems the 8 inch Minelab coil is no longer available. There is an even smaller NEL Snake (6.5 x 3 inch) made for the Sovereign that should work ... needs to be wired in of course. Can't speak to performance, I have not used that coil. All my Excals have the 11 inch Tornado coils on them.

Seems the 8 inch Minelab coil is no longer available. There is an even smaller NEL Snake (6.5 x 3 inch) made for the Sovereign that should work ... needs to be wired in of course. Can't speak to performance, I have not used that coil. All my Excals have the 11 inch Tornado coils on them.
Thanks for the information tvr, I'm in limbo on what machine to get next , I do like the dedicated water machines with audio only. On the beach or in the surf , I feel looking at a screen takes to much time , I had the SHmk2 but it wore me out digging Bobby pins a foot down, I like the tone audio on the excal haven't had the pleasure of swinging one but I know I would like it .

Thanks for the information tvr, I'm in limbo on what machine to get next , I do like the dedicated water machines with audio only. On the beach or in the surf , I feel looking at a screen takes to much time , I had the SHmk2 but it wore me out digging Bobby pins a foot down, I like the tone audio on the excal haven't had the pleasure of swinging one but I know I would like it .

I'm not digging many hair pins with the Impulse AQ limited. There is enough audio information to walk away from most of them; yet I know your pain with digging deep iron with a PI detector. Excalibur is still a great detector. Run it all-metal and flip to discriminate with the discrimination set on minimum and it weeds out iron very well at the beach / in the water. I like the 11 inch coil on the Excalibur for beach and water use. I've only run across a couple situations where I wanted a smaller coil in beach / water use.

I'm not digging many hair pins with the Impulse AQ limited. There is enough audio information to walk away from most of them; yet I know your pain with digging deep iron with a PI detector. Excalibur is still a great detector. Run it all-metal and flip to discriminate with the discrimination set on minimum and it weeds out iron very well at the beach / in the water. I like the 11 inch coil on the Excalibur for beach and water use. I've only run across a couple situations where I wanted a smaller coil in beach / water use.
Yeah tvr I seen the AQ on YouTube seems like fisher was on to something good and quit , SH is for young hunters lol but the Excalibur is what I think a winner , hip mount it and I'll be a happy camper , I'm going to move my filth wheel toward the coast so I can detect more on the beach , I can't do water hunting here, thanks tvr and continued success with the AQ

Reactions: tvr
The Minelab repair shop says DO NOT hip mount an Excal. It increases the flexing of the cables and speeds up the deterioration on the insulation of the coil and headphone wires.

They say most of their repairs on Excals is due to them being hip mounted. Also after each use in saltwater rinse the cables with fresh water and coat with Silicon (spray or grease)

It's a shame but you have to treat those wires like a baby's skin.

Reactions: tvr