Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is this

Low-Boy/LCPM

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/products/all-purpose/1448-impact/impact

Much prefer this colour scheme to the red livery of the Racer,seems to me a little confusion on why 2 similar looking machine and spec seem to be launched at the same time,had been gradually warming to the Racer but while this new Impact models has been launched i will sit on the fence for a while then make a final decision.

Chevy vs GMC, Walmart vs Sams Club, Kmart vs Sears, Makro vs Nokta. I sort of get what is going on but I am still confused by the possibility of more features for a lower retail price of the Impact. Their own December announcement seemed to indicate the merging of companies. Compared to FTP I would argue FTP is the parent company of different companies sharing some base technology, but that is not what happened at Nokta/Makro. But it appears they are beginning to operate that way as though there is a parent company involved. Maybe it has something to do with prior dealer/distributor agreements each company still needs to fulfill.

I still want my Racer. I still have faith in their support and customer awareness. Not that it matters, but what color is the Impact? The KCO site is a black and white graphic. Also I do not see Bluetooth or wireless mentioned on the Impact description at KCO.

TabWhisperer said:
Chevy vs GMC, Walmart vs Sams Club, Kmart vs Sears, Makro vs Nokta. I sort of get what is going on but I am still confused by the possibility of more features for a lower retail price of the Impact.
The price is still in question, I would think, and we don't know for sure until the Manufacturer and KellyCo get things worked out. This whole matter is really between them, not the consumers until we have a finalized price opportunity.

TabWhisperer said:
Their own December announcement seemed to indicate the merging of companies. Compared to FTP I would argue FTP is the parent company of different companies sharing some base technology, but that is not what happened at Nokta/Makro. But it appears they are beginning to operate that way as though there is a parent company involved. Maybe it has something to do with prior dealer/distributor agreements each company still needs to fulfill.
I am sure there is a parent ownership and they have two different brands, just like FTP has three brands. That makes an excellent example, too, because there are so many close comparisons of features with many Bounty Hunter, Fisher and Teknetics models that it can throw people off at what they want to buy, not knowing exactly what is offered in features.

We know officially from Nokta/Makro what the currently released or soon pending models offer, and that's what s important.

TabWhisperer said:
I still want my Racer. I still have faith in their support and customer awareness.
Their customer support and awareness is unmatched, in my opinion, and the Makro Racer is every bit the excellent detector today that it was a couple of days ago.

TabWhisperer said:
Not that it matters, but what color is the Impact? The KCO site is a black and white graphic.
Not sure and it didn't state.

TabWhisperer said:
Also I do not see Bluetooth or wireless mentioned on the Impact description at KCO
The photo they showed what appeared to be a dongle size protrusion on the left side.

As I stated, they jumped the gun and described it, but if they described it completely, they didn't mention a VCO audio 2-Tone or Beach mode so those could be static audio and not VCO. I prefer VCO. It might have Notch Disc., but I don't care because only rarely do I use more Discrimination than just enough to reject iron nails. The only thing I saw that interested me was the Iron Audio to adjust a quieter response from ferrous targets.

The Racer and FORS CoRe are both working fine and if someone doesn't want a visual TID and only depth, there's the CF77. Oh well, time to get ready to go hunt up more silver coins ... once the showers stop.

Monte

It us a family business, Nokta and Makro are owned by 2 brotherrs merging into one business under 2 brands... I'm looking forward to seeing the Impact.