Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What size and configuration of coils would everyone like to see available for the X-Terra's??

Dan(NM)

Personally, I'd like to have a 12" 7.53Khz for deep coin hunting... a 12" DD 18 Khz for nugget and relic hunting.... a 9" 18 khz coil for general purposes ... 5" DD 7.53khz for trashy areas

The first accessory coil for the X-Terra 50 will be the 9" round High Frequency (18.75 Khz) Concentric coil. Others are "in the works". HH Randy

n/t

and a good move on ML's part IMHO.

Tom

18khz coil will be shallower than the standard coil used at the moment.Minelab have said that already .

Ya mean a 9" concentric at the higher frequency will have less sensitivity to small gold than the lower freq? Whats the point then?
Either you need a better "source" or...

Now if you are only referring to larger rings at depth I have seen that before with detectors in the 15 to 19Khz range. Depending on circuit design sensitivity or gain can mean different things when it comes to performance on large and small low conductors

Lets put it on the line..

Des or Dick, is the higher frequency only good for small gold at modest depths or does it go deep on the big stuff?

Tom

I've always preferred the smaller coils for coinshooting, and since my primary use of the Xterra-30 will be for that purpose, a 5 or 5 1/2 inch size would be ideal for good target separation while retaining some decent depth.

Ralph

I always have to be the weirdo. I'd like something light to cover open ground, like the Jimmy Sierra Bigfoot and Tesoro Cleansweep coils.

Now that I'm done wishing I'd settle for just the opposite - a 5" coil.

Steve Herschbach