Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What to buy

A

Anonymous

My wife has a pet grooming shop and wants to start taking portraits of pets. What would be a good digital camera for 8 by 10 prints. Thanks Jerry

At $250.00, you really should consider the Olympus 360L. It is tops in it's price range in my opinion and should suite your wife's needs more than adequately. JMHO George Fatizzi

What kind of software does the Olympus 360L come with? How do you down load from the camera to your computer?
Thanks,
Terry in Hawaii

It comes with it's own user friendly Olympus software which I like even better than Adobe or some of the others I have seen. They also include a cord which plugs into your computer (1/8" jack on one side into the camera, USB plug on the other side for the computer). Works great and takes killer pics for the money. I don't think you'd be disappointed. The only thing it lacks is a mechanical zoom lens but it does have an electronic one that will multiply the image 3X after the pic is taken or 2X while actually taking it at the expense of resolution going from SHQ to plain HQ which is still pretty good. You can take up to 18 pics at SHQ or 36 at HQ with even more at the standard resolution. GREAT beginner's digital cam! Has red eye reduction flash also with a couple of other neat editing features. Good shooting, George Fatizzi

At least it takes some awfully good looking 8 X 10's. I do know the Olympus C2500L and some other high rez camera's have some problems with pets eyes. I think there is a fix out there for that though but I'm not sure what it is.
Where is RM when you need him? This place has been pretty dead until the last few days so maybe he hasn't checked in. Probably still chasing my Internet buddy JohnMO around with a rope and a gun for accusing him of something or other till he catches him. Hope he does... ha..
Good hunting... Guvner..

Apparently if you do get some barrel distortion on the outside of your images the Camedia software will help correct this. Learned that from my Olympus C2500L classroon.
Later... Guvner..