Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what to do and not to do

A

Anonymous

hello everyone. when it comes to people selling things and buying. How do you know if you are going to get ripped off or not? I am a little spoiled and use to ebay protection, or paypal protection. However I found what i am looking for in the classifieds but do not know if the guy will just take my money or if we could have a good deal. Is there anyway to see if someone has a good rep. here? sort of like feedback? anyhelp on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello Ronnie,
I'm sorry but I have never bought anything here.
The last time I bought something (sunray used coils), I first wrote a few mails to test the seller. And I found a guy who finally become a real friend !
Of course we certainly need some chance...
Hope you will do a good deal.
St

That is one of the problems with this the information age. We come in contact with people from all over the country and sometimes abroad.
Most are good eggs and of course there are a few stinkers. I would think no offence would be taken if you posted a question on the Classifieds asking if anyone had dealt with this person. I know I certainly would not be offended and might be even be flattered by the response. In truth I have never sold or bought anything on any of the detector forums. Not that I`m afraid to just have not had occasion to as of yet.However I would be willing to give names of dealers I have traded with.
Unless one had something to hide I see no reason they would take offence, after all they also want to know you are trustworty.
I would not discount someones credibility because I got no endorsement but would proceed with caution.
As was stated earlier you could make a good friend this way.
I would welcome anyone elses opinion.