Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's A Good Image Worth?

How much quality is that getting me? The 72 minute versions were a constant source of irritation to me. I haven't seen anything go wrong with the ones I have bought. I believe they are Acer which is the brand of my latest burner.
I still can't copy from one CDROM to the Burner. That always bites the dust. (Any ideas on that are welcome.. 3 different computers, same result with two different burners...) I have to copy from and burn to the burner unit itself...
Good hunting... Guvner..

Not sure if I understand you correctly???
Initially I tried to copy directly from one CD player (a DVD) to the other, which was a burner, but often got errors due to the drives going out-of-synch.
I'm now using the Adaptec software option where I copy from my DVD to the burner via the harddrive. I find that I don't have to run a test this way and the temporary files on the HD are automatically deleted by the software. The results are good and relatively fast.
This probably is not too much different from what you do (if I understand you correctly) except I just put the originating CD into one player and the destination CD in the burner, click "okay" and come back when it's finished (ie don't have to change the CD half way through the process).
Gord.

Will try it later. Wouldn't pick up any speed but I wouldn't have to be there for the disk change...
Thanks... Guvner..

The output CD player can't keep up with the burner and you have a coaster. I always make an image first.
The new Plexwriter has solved this problem, it seems. I have one at work. They claim you can burn and surf at the same time but I haven't tried it. It is a 12x and really kicks butt. I still make a disc image though