Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whats it worth?

spellman

Im just curious what my deus would be worth if I had to sell it. Its in great shape I have the stock coil and an almost new 13" coil the chefphones and a couple charge clips. Im not selling just curious what it I might be able to reasonably get for it if I had to sell. I have another kid on the way so it might have to go but I hope not. Thanks.

Any Warranty left? You the original owner? I ask this because I have talked with XP and they say the original receipt has to accompany the machine for any warranty purposes.

There should be about a little less than a year left on the detector and about a year and a half on the coil. I believe I have both receipts.

You'll get more selling the parts separately (coil). I'd guess based on others that have sold recently that the unit itself with the 9" coil is worth around $900-$1050

The coil is probably worth 75% to 85% of new retail.

Accessories...around the same percentages off new retail.

Best wishes to you.

I paid 1300 for one with 55 months of warranty remaining. Yeah, it was a good deal but fall is the buyers market - spring is the sellers best time.

Ballaholyk84 said:
Any Warranty left? You the original owner? I ask this because I have talked with XP and they say the original receipt has to accompany the machine for any warranty purposes.

Remember the warranty goes with the detector and not the owner . . . the receipt is needed only to mark when the clock started and not who bought it. If it was from the bacth that was covered by the 2 year warranty then the clock has 24 montha=s regardless of how many owners there were . . . . the new ones are 60 months of coverage.

If you buy a used one, make sure the sales receipt when bought new comes with it for the appropriate coverage

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
Ballaholyk84 said:

Remember the warranty goes with the detector and not the owner . . . the receipt is needed only to mark when the clock started and not who bought it. If it was from the bacth that was covered by the 2 year warranty then the clock has 24 montha=s regardless of how many owners there were . . . . the new ones are 60 months of coverage.

If you buy a used one, make sure the sales receipt when bought new comes with it for the appropriate coverage

Andy

Yeah thats what I meant. I talked with XP directly and they told me there is no way to tell when the unit was purchased if it was not purchased from XP directly. So basically if you dont have the original receipt from when it was purchased new (if not bought directly from XP) then the warranty period is void and the machine does not carry the warranty since there is no record of when it was purchased. I almost bought a used but since the owner was the second owner and did not have the receipt from original purchaser then XP said the product carried no warranty since it was not purchased directly through them and they did not have a record of it.

Assuming the original owner registered it, wouldn't that purchase date be documented?

Im sure it would but if the person (in my case) didnt register the unit then XP would have no way of telling when it was bought if they didnt ship the unit out, which they keep records of when units go to dealers and when units go to customers.