Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats the oddest thing you have detected???

I'll start..years ago in Fredercksburg VA just off 95 at the old NY Engineers camp (now built over) I and a buddy decieded to hunt..we had just arrived after a 12 hour drive but wanted to get at it..it was dark and a bit of light rain...I was using and old Tecnetics back then that took 8 or 12 batteries...near an old hydro or phone pole in high grass I got a signal that blew my ears off...reaching down I picked up a Radio Shack $19 metal detector that was half bent around the pole... I remember seeing in a comedy film someone using a detector finding a buried detector...brought back memories!!!

Dean
Whitby Ontario Canada

then remembered this. Its a little bigger than a half with reeding so I was a little ticked off when I got a look at it. Never been able to find any info on it but maybe for testing your machine.

[attachment 10271 fisher.jpg]

Whats up with you Dean? Haven't heard from you or frank for a while!

Did not even know I dropped em until I pulled em outa the grass.
Once Todd and found an Afro-American colored sexual device while detecting..although we did not actually detect it.
As far as digging up an odd detected item I guess I am unlucky...just the average trash....found plenty of odd finds while detecting but usually eye spied verses dug.
Scott

The oddest thing I have founhd with a metal detector is a old tin condom tin! I wasnt sure what it was until I found that someone else found the same thing.

I dug a typewriter, car speaker,a folding aluminum chair, a holley carburator, a dead cat with a collar, even a bike once. Last year I found a Honda 250 motorcycle while water hunting under a bridge. The list goes on.. One strange thing I have a picture of is this ingraved grain of rice in a silver capped tiny bottle. Who says the xlt isn't sensitive on small items? :lol:

[attachment 10312 grainofricenecklace.jpg]

n/t

detecting a back yard in the city and dug a deep wide signal.
hit metal but couldn't find the edge to pull it out. some probing let us know that this item was huge.
We had to dig it or our curiosity would have killed us......
it coulda been someones treasure chest !! haha

So for the next 2 days we dug until we had enough uncovered to
figure out that someone had buried a buick in this yard. :confused:
It's still there.. haha

HH
mk