Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's your favorite pinpointing device and why?

Tagamet

I'm currently using a VibroProbe, but given that I have no experience with any other probes, I thought I'd post here for opinions/experiences. I'm using a Tesoro Tejon MD, so I'm seeking info on handheld pinpointing devices.
Thanks in advance,
Larry

Sunray has come out with some inline units for specific detectors, but none for the Tejon to my knowledge. Whole bunch out there ( things to look for size ease of use, detection depth and if it picks up on sides of probe or just the tip) as many prefer either. Surely Sunray is one of the best from my standpoint but we all have our favorites...

There is 2 I really like, the SunRay probes as i have them for my Minelabs and my wife's MXT. I got a Uniprobe I use with my Tesoro. Being you have a Tejon SunRay don't make a pin pointer yet and wonder if they will some day, but until then the Uniprobe will be the one i will use. This probe has some serious depth and not like most other hand held probes that wont pick up anything over a inch away, it is very impressive, the one I have also has the headphones so just flicking the switch will turn off the detector signal and turn on the probe. When done than just flick it back and you are back detecting.

Thanks Dan and Rick. Too bad Sunray hasn't jumped into the Tesoro detectors (yet). The downside to the Uniprobe is that I just bought a nice pair of Killer Bees headphones, and I guess I'd have to put them on the shelf to use a Uniprobe. Too bad too, because it sounds like exactly what I needed.
Thanks again,
Tagamet

I have pocket uniprobe......I love it...I am using a switch box that allows me to switch back and forth from the probe and detector while listening through my headphones with just the flip of a switch......works wonderfully!

I have a Treasure Mate because I use more than one detector, and I did not want to buy an in line probe for each machine. I works great, I evan found a little gold nugget hiding in a cracks of a wash, you can ground balance it and it is made by Tesoro, comes with a life time warranty. I think I paid about $150.00. for it and I never go hunting with out it, it has a depth of about 2" on a dime. One thing for sure a pinpointer is a must have for metal detecting.

Colt

Yeah, this seems like the top shelf pinpointer. The price is pretty much what some of the less expensive metal detectors go for though. I'll likely have to stick with my Vibra-Probe and save the coins I'm finding until I can buy a Pocket Uniprobe. I have about a half Mason jar full so far (pennies are in a seperate jar). They really do sound like a great unit.
Thanks all,
Tagamet