Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where's all the deep gold ? Ive tried all metal mode ,

ARE ALL HIGHLY VALUABLE TARGETS IN Fresh WATER AT 3 TO 8 INCHES MEANING GOLD , PLATINUM AND PALLADIUM JEWELRY AND YES EVEN A QUARTER OR SILVER RING , CAN BE VALUABLE IN A LESS THAN UNPRODUCTIVE SWIM HOLE , GUYS IVE BEEN GIVING ALL METAL MODE ON MY AT GOLD A GOOD SHOT , BUT IM JUST FINDING MORE JUNK, THANK GOD I CAN TEST IT WITH IRON AUDIO , HAVE I SPOILED MYSELF WITH DISCRIMINATE MODE ? NO WONDER MY MINELAB BUDDY DOESN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT VALUABLE , HE TURTLES AROUND CHASING WHISPERS, THATS OK , ITS THE WAY HE LIKES IT , AND SOMETIMES HE SCORES BUT ! IM WONDERING HAVE THE DEEPER VALUABLE TARGETS ALREADY BEEN FOUND , AT LEAST IN NORTHERN MI WATERS ? AFTER ALL THE SWIM SEASON IS ONLY 3 MONTHS LONG ON A HOT SUMMER , AND WATER MACHINES HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR DECADES, A FEW OF US ARE THINKING A BIGGER LIGHT WEIGHT COIL FOR MORE BOTTOM COVERAGE MIGHT BE MORE PRODUCTIVE IN THIS AREA , BECAUSE THE RATIO BETWEEN VALUABLE AND LESS VALUABLE JEWELRY IS GREAT ANY WAY , AND WE HAVE TO COVER MORE BOTTOM TO FIND IT , INSTEAD OF DIGGING DEEPER . BEFORE SOMEONE SLAMS ME WITH PHOTOS OF TARGETS THEY FOUND DEEPER I REALIZE THAT CAN STILL HAPPEN , BUT SEEMS VERY RARE UP IN THESE PARTS , SO FOR ME IM THINKING A BIGGER COIL LIKE A DETECT 13 INCH ITS LIGHTER THAN OTHER LARGE COILS , THAT WILL GIVE ME MORE DEPTH IN CASE THEIR IS A GOLD TARGETS JUST OUT OF THE REACH OF THE STANDARD COIL YET WITH MORE BOTTOM COVERAGE, AND LET THE DETECTOR ON DISCRIMINATE 1 MODE DO THE WORK INSTEAD OF ME SWITCHING BACK IN FORTH IN IRON AUDIO , AND I STILL BELIEVE BECAUSE THE AT GOLD IS SO HOT ON LOW CONDUCTIVES IF.? THEIR IS A DEEP LUNKER GOLD RING IT WILL LET ME KNOW IT WHO KNOWS MABE EVEN A FOOT DOWN , ALWAYS SEARCHING AND NEVER FINDING ENOUGHT,

Yes not very deep though , but ice is closing in , but eventually season ends till april or may seems a bit weird but steal head fisherman stand in this icey water in insulated waders fishing for trout figured id fish for a little more gold , around here 32 degrees and sunny is a heat wave , today was probably my last time , found a bunch of nickles on all metal with Garrett gold by a dock near shore crystal clear water with sand and gravel , lots or green coins , gold is so elusive, time to hang up the coil and waders , do some home remodeling ,,,must be nice to live in the far south where a detectorist doesent need to push a burg out of the way , lol.

Time to sit by the fireplace and do some goggle map hunting for spring , their are alot of fancy yacht clubs with nice beachs up here but access is only from the lake side , sometimes a motor boat is very temping, these fresh water lakes are loaded with lots of old resorts from the 40s and on , many times I drive by and wonder what treasures of silver coins and old jewelry are waiting in their SNUGGLY BED HOPING TO BE FOUND CLEAND UP AND RETURNED TO MY COLLECTION,

Well if your finding those nickels, encrusted coins your hitting the right places. Only other places are where the partiers tie up together. They leave a lot of tabs, bottle tops and jewelry. Even I have found gold, silver & coins there. Sounds like you know your water, you'll be alright.

Thats a good site tip dancer , ive came across these places in fresh water besides an area of caps and pullies and some times their will be a trailer pad or cement blooks with a chain or hook up on them for boat mooring, ive got to remember to work path to shore from these spots , and im now very focused on low gravels and washouts its been more productive, as i read these post on forum sites it can be helpful, also looking at Google maps and watching where cars pull over right next to a lake can be profitable, thanks for the reasurance and tips. at times im wondering am i missing some tip or technique that could improve my finds

I'm in Northern Lower Michigan and using the standard coils on the AT Pro and Sea Hunter I've gotten good silver, rings and coins, but gold is still rare. I know it's out there, having been told of lost rings. Just need to be in the right location.

John

Finally someone in this frosty north that knows the gold is rare, now in the summer ive found two gold rings in one day but they were miles apart ,,, what a cool feeling when you water hunt a rather large state park beach and not much is found but you keep on gridding off the bottom and you hit a heavy mens gold ring. it happened to me in Cadillac, and grayling , right when im thinking theirs no change in here someone has hit this spot , bingo jackpot , , i miss my at pro , when i here its tones on utubes videos ,wish id kept it , i found alot of water gold with it , plus the at series can handle my golf swing lol , thats right you have to be in the right location, and the coil will do its job, today i hunted the shore line of east grand traverse bay where i found a platinum last week or so, but nothing but a pesky coast guard chopper comming around wish i had a fly swatter, i have this fear they will drop a frogman or tell me to get out of the water with their blow horn , lets get this straight if a man is in the water between knee and waist deep with waders ,detector and scoop hes not trying to commit suicide, even if its 34 degrees, he might have some issues ! but hes harmless and just trying to ding out a place in life