Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which Coil??

A

Anonymous

I want to give the Explorer and myself every chance, so I bought the Stealth 8 from Ralph. I have not used it yet.
Is the 8" more stable vs the 10"? If so, do you give up any depth with the 8"? I would assume that you can crank up the sens a little higher with the 8" if it is more stable. Does this allow you to get about the same depth of the 10" in areas with a little interference?
So would you recommend the 8" or the 10" for your general purpose coil?
Sorry for all the questions!
Need all the help I can get at this point!
Thanks to all!!
Ron (CA)

Ron, I been pretty much sticking with the 8 inch for most of my hunting since getting it, with the exception of parks with little iron..so far I cant complain about the depth..I havent dug targets as deep as I have with the 10, but get pretty darn close and dont know if I have gone over any either. my deepest coin so far with the 10 was a 14 or 15 inch large cent, weak but very repeatable signal in clean ground, dig wheat cents with the 8 at 11 inches, so pretty sure if I got over that large cent with the 8 it probably wouldve seen something, but cant say for sure. One thing about the 8 is I have picked up some good coins in areas I went over with the 10 that werent that deep but still faint..mostly in high iron. So what I am saying is you will get plenty of depth with both, the conditions of the ground will dictate how much and which to use, personally I hit all my sites with all my coils...one always seems to see something better than another does..but they all get deep. even the 5 inch got me targets 7 to 8 inches with good responses...Jim

Ron,
I have all 3 coils myself and I find the best all around one is the 8 inch, it may not have as much depth as the original 10 inch, but close to it. What i realy like is how smooth the 8 inch is and so much easier to pinpoint with. It also feels more balanced on the Explorer.I beleive I learned more about the Explorer in a couple of days with the 8 inch coil than the 10 inch in a month.
I will still use my 10 inch in the cleaner areas where I want max depth and coverage, the 5 inch in the real trashier areas and the 8 inch for most of my hunting.
Good Luck with your 8 inch coil, I think you will like it.
Rick