Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which is todays best larger coil for the V3i?

Since I got the V3i it has been very chirpy and sounded like it had a bad coil. I also have a MXT all pro with the same coil. The MXT is very stable so no issue. I swapped the coils and the V3i is still chirpy (unstable) I was thinking maybe it is the machine. But there is no place to check it or I don't know of one. I bought a Eclipse 5.3 which I can use on either machine. I put it on the V3i today and it settled it right down. I made a place to test some coins and it separates and identifies as it should. The weather is poor so didn't take it outside to test it. I have a back yard where I recently had an apartment and 3 garages torn down and there was a lot of metal junk. The ground is going to be full of metal junk. The few times I took the V3i out there it was hard on the ears. Really want to try it with the smaller more stable coil.
Hello, me again. The best thing a new owner of a used Spectra can do IS the master-reset. There are so many different settings to chose from and to change to get the best out of the detector it is hard to calm down a unstable machine. Most users tend to change this and that and another and...oh what a mess, lets try a different program and start from scratch to change every thing and ...?! Been there, done that. The used machines I had where so unstable and noisy it was a mess. To me the master-reset did the job and modifying programs was done in a rush. May be this will be helpful to you, too. But be aware to hit CALIBRATION!
All the Best & Good Luck

Attachments

• Spectra Master-Reset.pdf
    352.3 KB · Views: 168
I’ve had mine since 09. My favorite coil is a applied creations Hotfoot for a DFX (3x9) it’s a coin vacuum. You may also want to set the recovery speed to 45