Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which of the two detectors for relic/prospecting?

Between the Fisher 1270x and the Tesoro Cortez, which one is more stable, deepest, good on batteries, handles emi etc? It would be mostly used for relic hunting, prospecting only some. Any input will be appreciated, thanks.

If you want to do Relic and a bit of prospecting, take a serious look at the Nokta Impact. Very good in mineralised dirt for a VLF.

I had the x-terra 705 but never used it for prospecting. Really good detector, light weight, runs at 18.75 kHz I believe, and easy to learn. I'm not a relic hunter but if I were I'd look for depth and all metal mode, such as the White's MX 7, MX Sport. They run at a little higher frequency than some detectors (13.:geek:, go really deep, have all metal and prospect mode. I've heard some great things about the Nokta Impact as well.

JJames1610 said:
Ok thanks. What about X-Terra 705? Can it handle the minerlized ground ok? With the proper gold coil.

I have been using a X Terra 705 since 2009 and in my opinion it is still to this day one of the most under rated detectors ever manufactured it runs three different frequency's but you have to purchase a different coil for each frequency that it can run in 3 KHz,7.5 KHz and 18.75 KHz it has a dedicated prospecting mode and auto GB tracking mode I currently use mine in Arizona in some pretty harsh ground like I said I purchased mine back in 09 and have never felt the need to up grade to something better

if you are looking for a detector that can pretty much do it all except go in the water the 705 is a great detector the other detector I use is the GM 1000 ( Gold Monster) which is 45 KHz which is a dedicated gold machine that is vary vary sensitive to the smallest of non ferrous conductors I.E (Gold,Aluminum,lead,Brass it hit real hard on non ferrous conductors

The one thing which finally sunk in to my head after purchasing my GM 1000 is that most common clad coins Nickels,Dimes and quarters fall in the non ferrous readings on a detector and like I stated I did not realize this until I purchased the GM 1000 and was performing some test with it the only difference is when you get over a coin with it it will sound off with a high tone and a gold target I.E gold nugget will have a lower tone

have not tested it with a silver coin so can comment as to what it would do

the GM 1000 just has a meter on it that I call a ferrous or non ferrous meter and it is pretty accurate I only concentrate on the non ferrous targets and it has never let me down yet if it is reading on the non ferrous side it has 100% of the time been a non ferrous target

I have dug spent lead bullets as deep as 11 inches measured and brass casings that I have gotten the coil over it hits on the tinest of non ferrous targets and is probably one of the simplest detectors to use once you understand how to set it up it pretty much a turn on and go detector

hope all this makes sense