Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which one to chose ????

C.J.M.

Well, looks like my detecting days are coming to a halt after (9) major surgeries and now my right hip is getting worse my whole body is full of titanium.I have three detectors so need to keep one here they are Fisher F-2,F-5,and a brand new Nokta simp-lex all my detectors were bought new and only used a few times they are all perfect:)S0, Which one should I keep:shrug:The Simplex has never been used just bench tested and had a coin garden check.Good mercy I am between a rock and a hard place they all work perfect!!Which one would be better for the future>>>F-5 has the big coil,F-2 all three coils,Simplex the 11" stock coil--------:help:

You've used all three (to some extent), so which one bodes the best for your type of hunting. Really, only you can make the choice. If my hunting was going to be limited, I would probably hang with the F 2 as it has a nice compliment of coils. And, you've probably had it the longest....but, that's just an assumption on my part. HH jim tn

Good mercy I am between a rock and a hard place they all work perfect!!Which one would be better for the future>>>F-5 has the big coil,F-2 all three coils,Simplex the 11" stock coil--------:help:
I responded on the Simplex forum to this same question, and as I mentioned I currently have the F5 and the Simplex Plus. But here, you add the search coils you're referring to for those models. Still, I'm a little confused because I don't know which "big coil" you are referring to for the F5. I might guess it's the 11" BiAxial which, personally, isn't a favorite coil of mine.

As Jim in Tennessee mentioned, you do have a selection of coils for the F2 which would make it a consideration. And it also depends on what type of detecting you do because, for me, I do use a larger size coil on occasion, but the bulk of my detecting I rely on a small to mid-size coil.

I keep the 11-inch on one of my Simplex plus models, and I can use the standard coil on an Apex but will likely go to the 8.5X11 DD 'Raider' for wide open areas that I sometimes hunt, to help cover my big coil needs. Most of the time, for day-to-day Coin & Jewelry hunting, I like the 5X9.5 DD on my other Simplex + or round 7" Concentric on my F5 because both those setups work quite well in typical day-to-day coin hunting environments with modern trash.

So looking at your considerations, my preference would be to pick the F5 or Simplex Plus and then if you sell or trade off the other two some of that money can go towards getting a good complimentary coil for handling trashier conditions. It would also make it lighter and more comfortable, which is something I know I've needed to do. Just some thoughts

Monte

The F-5 came with the 11" fisher coil not sure what it might do in water or wet sand :shrug:however if I sell the F-2 might just keep both f-5 and simplex:)